The Student Room Group

When people say they don't study.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ndella
My friend said she hardly studied for her AS's, claiming to have taken up watching a whole TV series and a whole lot of films during the 4 weeks of study leave. She got 4 As so that claim is total BS.

It's perfectly plausible to not study for AS/A2 and get 4 As, you just have to be fairly naturally intelligent.
Original post by Christabel101
People who always...repeat Always say "omg I just failed that" and them end up getting the highest :confused: well obviously you knew you at least did okay. I understand that people's ideal of a fail may be a pretty high grade, but surely "I just failed that" doesn't include an a* grade. This. Makes. Me . Angry

Haha I do this. I tell myself I failed because I always expect the worst.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Haha I do this. I tell myself I failed because I always expect the worst.

Ditto. I feel that if I aim too high then I may be dissapointed lol, you never truly know how well you do till results.
Reply 23
Original post by martin jol
It's perfectly plausible to not study for AS/A2 and get 4 As, you just have to be fairly naturally intelligent.

But other people I know are very hard-working and got worse grades than her which is pretty frustrating on their part. But my friend does Maths so I understand why she would have done so well, they're pretty objective exams.
It's always funny because I know every single one of them does study (those who tell me they don't). I say okay and worry about my own revision :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
o-o..Me and my friends have contests to see who can revise the most hours in a day..XDDD So...
I've never seen why I should care what someone says about whether or not they're studying. Whatever they say won't magically get me better grades so I just do my own thing and let them do theirs
Original post by thechemistress
That has nothing to do with 'nuturing', how could a child be nutured to understand a subject quickly?

Young people generally learn easier, so if you're exposed to something from a younger age you may understand it more growing up. Just my thoughts, I guess it doesn't really seem to have too much to do with how quickly you could learn something but who knows? :dontknow:
I have absolutely NO idea why people do this. I don't even like talking to my friends about my revision anyway, let alone lying about it. I just feel like how much work I do is nobody else's business, meh.
My friends are all honest and say they revise. So i am glad no BS goes around with my friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
I sometimes do this because when people say things like 'wow you did well on that test, you must have revised a lot' I feel a bit embarrassed to agree with them. That's probably really stupid of me but idk.
Actually there are people, who do not study and pass exams with excellent grades. It happens to me all the time. I just pay attention in class and try to understand and remember everything, I ask questions and participate in discussions. For some exams I don't need to study at all, but for others if I need to prepare I just go through my notes. Also, I don't like to study the days before the exam, I usually go out, have fun and do not stress out, and I think that in some cases this is the reason why I'm doing better than the others, because I'm calm, confident and don't care too much. Do not judge people just because you don't know how they are doing it and even if they are lying and pretending, it is childish and they make fools of themselves, because obviously they have inferiority complex. Why are you bothered? Think about yourself :smile:
I don't study..... I achieve !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest