The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Coopertrooper061
Sorry if this question has been asked before but, do the clinical visit forms have to be specific one for the university? Birmingham City told me to send it in the post to them, however despite me having about 5 different clinical visit forms filled in, I don't have for Birmingham City.

Hi, maybe you should check if the Birmingham City Uni's clinical visit form is almost the same as the ones you have, if they were then I'm sure they will accept the ones you already have. If you still have doubts then it's best for you to contact them :smile:
Got an offer from sheffield hallam! And for those who asked, I had my Derby interview on wednesday and the tests are nothing to worry about. Maths is just conversions like grams to kilograms etc , and literacy is just fixing grammar/spellings, they're both really short.

Original post by FeelingDepressed

Talking of which, has no one applied to Bradford that posts on here? I have an interview there tomorrow if the snow holds off, it is pretty heavy at he moment in this part of Yorkshire. It is a mini multi interview and a maths/literacy test.

I've applied to Bradford, haven't heard anything from them yet though. How did your interview go?
Original post by Coopertrooper061
Sorry if this question has been asked before but, do the clinical visit forms have to be specific one for the university? Birmingham City told me to send it in the post to them, however despite me having about 5 different clinical visit forms filled in, I don't have for Birmingham City.

I just got one clinical form filled in and have given the same one, with the uni name Tippex'd out to four universities, none have objected and I have 2 offers from unis whose form it wasn't.
Original post by agentdalecooper
Got an offer from sheffield hallam! And for those who asked, I had my Derby interview on wednesday and the tests are nothing to worry about. Maths is just conversions like grams to kilograms etc , and literacy is just fixing grammar/spellings, they're both really short.

I've applied to Bradford, haven't heard anything from them yet though. How did your interview go?

Congratulations on Sheffield, bradford went ok, it was a long afternoon though, longer and more intense than my other three interviews. It went on from 12:45 until 16:30 and we were all tested and interviewed together. It wasn't hard, but just seemed full on. If you got through Sheffield I am sure you will be fine 😀
Congratulations on Sheffield, bradford went ok, it was a long afternoon though, longer and more intense than my other three interviews. It went on from 12:45 until 16:30 and we were all tested and interviewed together. It wasn't hard, but just seemed full on. If you got through Sheffield I am sure you will be fine ������

Good to know!

Sheffield were actually really really nice, it had a really positive atmosphere. Though that may just be because i got the actual interview part of it out of the way early on so i was quite relaxed for the rest.XD
Has anyone heard back from Bradford or leeds, i applied in November and have heard nothing from these 2 universities. I'm getting really worried lol.
Original post by qwerty15
Has anyone heard back from Bradford or leeds, i applied in November and have heard nothing from these 2 universities. I'm getting really worried lol.

I had a rejection from Leeds about 3 weeks ago and I applied in December, so it must be a good thing that you haven't heard back yet? No news is good news remember:smile:
Original post by abbalarr95
I had a rejection from Leeds about 3 weeks ago and I applied in December, so it must be a good thing that you haven't heard back yet? No news is good news remember:smile:

How was ur derby interview
Original post by SLCmandem
How was ur derby interview

It was terrible. There's no chance I'll get an offer from them now:frown:
It was terrible. There's no chance I'll get an offer from them now:frown:

This is exactly how I've been feeling :frown: why do you think yours went so bad?
Original post by mat1996
Hi, I don't have an offer but I have an interview with them on that day :smile:

Oops that's what I meant sorry :biggrin: yes I also have an interview on that day
Original post by tehsammy
This is exactly how I've been feeling :frown: why do you think yours went so bad?

I had to wait 2 and a half hours for my one to one interview as I was last in my group to be interviewed and so by the time I was interviewed I had a headache, I was hungry, dehydrated and just fed up (I left home at 7, had a 3.5 hour drive to get there, started the process at 11:30 and wasn't interviewed until 4:30. So I hasn't had any food or drink for about 6 hours before my interview). I couldn't concentrate at all and so my answers didn't answer their questions so they kept having to re-ask the questions and I just couldn't think.
Why do you feel like it?:redface:
I had to wait 2 and a half hours for my one to one interview as I was last in my group to be interviewed and so by the time I was interviewed I had a headache, I was hungry, dehydrated and just fed up (I left home at 7, had a 3.5 hour drive to get there, started the process at 11:30 and wasn't interviewed until 4:30. So I hasn't had any food or drink for about 6 hours before my interview). I couldn't concentrate at all and so my answers didn't answer their questions so they kept having to re-ask the questions and I just couldn't think.
Why do you feel like it?:redface:

Sounds a lot like my experience :frown: except the very long drive part! They asked me questions based on my personal statement and I didn't even answer them how I'd done on there so they were probably thinking what is this girl talking about it doesn't match up!

Everyone I know has said try not to be upset about it until you at least hear back. I know its hard though to not think about it :frown:
Original post by tehsammy
Sounds a lot like my experience :frown: except the very long drive part! They asked me questions based on my personal statement and I didn't even answer them how I'd done on there so they were probably thinking what is this girl talking about it doesn't match up!

Everyone I know has said try not to be upset about it until you at least hear back. I know its hard though to not think about it :frown:

Was your interview for Derby? I studied my personal statement top to bottom before hand and made sure I knew everything about my work experience in case they asked and nothing came up about either. I just had loads of questions about me and what others think of me.
I know what you mean, it's so hard not to dwell on it. The only good bit is that I have a few more interviews coming up and it's good practice whether I did well or not.
They said they won't give offers until March so I'm hoping not to hear back from them until then because if I do it means I'm unsuccessful.
Ive got an offer from derby uni to study radiography starting 2015 :smile:
Original post by Moheed
Ive got an offer from derby uni to study radiography starting 2015 :smile:

Hi how hard are the tests is the maths hard an well done
Original post by SLCmandem
Hi how hard are the tests is the maths hard an well done

Thanks, and there not hard at all tbh, its about converting litres into ml and kg in g and basic stuff like that.
Its alright Gcse standard or less id say
Be careful for 1 or 2 trick questions
Reply 1797
I believe the information pack from Teesside says you can email it or bring it to interview, as there is so much other paperwork for Teesside I brought mine along and handed it all in together. No idea about UWE.

hi, I have also got an interview offer from teeside. I am really nervous. we have to do a test before our interview right? yesh true there is soo mush paper work to do. how did your interview go? how did you find it?
Reply 1798

I have heard from leeds but haven't from Bradford yet.
Can anyone give me some tips or help for the Cardiff interview got mine next week too!

Quick Reply