The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR FSMQ Additional Maths June 2014 Answers

Scroll to see replies

Well done all.
Original post by Mr M
This is a contribution to Performance Tables. You can ignore it.

I also got 45, what do you mean by 'contribution to Performance Tables' ? I'm so confused :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Original post by Saywhat123
I also got 45, what do you mean by 'contribution to Performance Tables' ? I'm so confused :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Didn't you notice the "ignore it" bit?

Schools are judged by Performance Tables - each qualification contributes points towards them. Parents and students can then use them to compare different institutions by looking at the points per candidate and points per entry. Ofsted use them too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mr M
Didn't you notice the "ignore it" bit?

Schools are judged by Performance Tables - each qualification contributes points towards them. Parents and students can then use them to compare different institutions by looking at the points per candidate and points per entry. Ofsted use them too.

Ohhhhhh thank you, and LOL i read through it i thought you said you can't ignore it :laugh::laugh:
Original post by Mr M
Well done all.

Thank you Mr M :smile:. I still recall looking at your post with the answers after the exam and feeling reassured. Thank you.
I realise that I'm somewhat late to the party here but I just got my result due to my centre mailing it out late and it is an A :smile: now to relax and wait for my GCSE results on (hopefully) Friday!
I'm getting mine tomorrow with GCSE, I hope to join the A hype!
Reply 127
I got an A in this paper
HUZZAH!!!
I got an A! I was not expecting that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 129
Original post by Mr M
Mr M's OCR FSMQ Additional Maths June 2014 Answers

13. (i) 5x+6y605x+6y \leq 60 and 4x+3y364x+3y \leq 36 (3 marks)

(ii) Plot inequalities (4 marks)

(iii) V=3.5X+3YV=3.5X+3Y and 33 cubic metres (5 marks)

)

sorry if being thick here, I have not done this since o level many years ago

I get

5(4)+6(20/3)<=60
4(4)+3(20/3)<=36
so
(4,20/3) satisfies all inequalities and

3.5(4)+3(20/3)=34

so is this not the max?
Original post by mathz
sorry if being thick here, I have not done this since o level many years ago

I get

5(4)+6(20/3)<=60
4(4)+3(20/3)<=36
so
(4,20/3) satisfies all inequalities and

3.5(4)+3(20/3)=34

so is this not the max?

You are looking for integer x and y.
Hi! Has anyone got the actual paper please? I need this to finish off revision for the exam coming up on Wednesday.

Thanks!
Hi Mr M, have you got the actual paper, please? thanks
Original post by AlgebraKing
Hi Mr M, have you got the actual paper, please? thanks

Some guy posted pictures of the paper here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2670057&page=6&x=0&y=0

Question 10 is

(i) Find the coordinates of the point P on the curve y = 2x^2 + x -5 where the gradient of the curve is 5.

(ii) Find the equation of the normal to the curve at the point P.
Original post by samanton5
For question 4i) you'll get 2 out of 4 most probably
9ii) you will get either 2 or 3 out of 4, depending on whether you put in tan-1(3) (i think that's what it was) as well as tan-1(-1) (might be the other way round)
for 13i) you will still get full marks
and yes, 68(circa) will most definitely be an A. it was an exceedingly hard paper; the hardest paper so far is june 2012, where the grade boundary for an A is 64. This paper was much harder than that; so assuming that the grade boundary will be the same, or even lower, you will have scored an A most definitely

Hi Mr M, for 9ii i got tan-1(3) but that's 72 degrees not 108 degrees like you said?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending