The Student Room Group

What was your BEST and WORST exam this year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dont leave blank
what other exams did u do?

F321 (chem)
F322 (was okay actually)
G481 (physics)
BY1
BY2 (bio)
FN2 (french)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
F321 (chem)
F322 (was okay actually)
G481 (physics)
BY1
BY2 (bio)
FN2 (french)

Ah, how'd you find Bio unit 2? I resat that exam and thought it was a nice paper :smile:
Original post by Lovinlife2
Ah, how'd you find Bio unit 2? I resat that exam and thought it was a nice paper :smile:

WJEC?

I hated the fact they only asked about 1/4 of the syllabus... And still asked 21 marks on plants. Barely anything on digestion, nothing on reproductive strategies at all. Dentition, parasites, cardiac cycle. None of that... :mad:
Best: N/A
Worst: Economics 1&2, History 1&2, Politics 1&2, ICT 1
Original post by muf_mur
All of them have been really bad (and i am not exaggerating)

Really? :redface: What subjects do you take then?
WJEC?

I hated the fact they only asked about 1/4 of the syllabus... And still asked 21 marks on plants. Barely anything on digestion, nothing on reproductive strategies at all. Dentition, parasites, cardiac cycle. None of that... :mad:

That's what happened last year too, lucky for me, everything I revised didn't come up T.T

Posted from TSR Mobile
Best: S1
Worst: FP3
I've only had three though, guess I'll see how it goes

Posted from TSR Mobile
WJEC?

I do AQA but I think the content learnt in both boards are fairly similar :smile:

Ahh that's nasty. Yeah I hate when examiners test you on only part of the syllabus and not all, makes you feel like all your hard work was literally put to waste because you expended so much energy learning everything when they test you on a small proportion of the specification but I guess you have to be safe and learn it all. A 21 marker on plants is a BIG question to be honest! Well, it sounds like you worked your heart out for this exam because the topics you mentioned were obviously not covered in the exam - overall, even though they tested you on a bit of the syllabus, was it an okay exam? (Pretty sure you'll do well because you're aiming pretty high in terms of university and courses etc.) :smile:
Best: either C2 (AQA) or LITB1 (AQA)Worst: F322 (OCR), although this may change depending on how G482 goes...
Original post by thatitootoo
Really? :redface: What subjects do you take then?

Yeah,not because the papers were hard,i just didn't study well.i kept losing my motivation. Maths,Physics and Chem
Original post by Olympiad
Best: N/A
Worst: Economics 1&2, History 1&2, Politics 1&2, ICT 1

Yeah one of my worst one's is ICT unit 1 as well :/
Reply 51
Worst - English language

Best - can't decide between maths and geography paper 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by thatitootoo
Which era(s) are you guys studying for History? Would you say that the "source paper" is the worst part of the course?

I'm doing A2 so the sources was part of the coursework, which is definitely the worst part of the course. I also had to retake the AS sources paper and I feel I flopped that exam too. I think it was just hard for me because I had Art coursework alongside it so I had limited time to perfect the coursework.
Worst exam: all of them.
Best: C1, C2 (Edexcel) Economics Unit 2 (AQA)
Mediocre: German (OCR)
Worst: M1 (Edexcel) Economics Unit 1 (AQA)
Best: Edexcel ICT Practical :biggrin:
Worst: none tbh :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah one of my worst one's is ICT unit 1 as well :/

AQA? It was such a vague paper! The last essay q "[Statement] Discuss." - didn't say what it wanted us to discuss specifically...
Original post by Flauta
Well I've only had one exam so far, so I'm going to answer AQA MFP3 for each question :smile:

Same as me :biggrin:
Original post by pirategyal
That's what happened last year too, lucky for me, everything I revised didn't come up T.T

Posted from TSR Mobile

:colonhash:
I do AQA but I think the content learnt in both boards are fairly similar :smile:

Ahh that's nasty. Yeah I hate when examiners test you on only part of the syllabus and not all, makes you feel like all your hard work was literally put to waste because you expended so much energy learning everything when they test you on a small proportion of the specification but I guess you have to be safe and learn it all. A 21 marker on plants is a BIG question to be honest! Well, it sounds like you worked your heart out for this exam because the topics you mentioned were obviously not covered in the exam - overall, even though they tested you on a bit of the syllabus, was it an okay exam? (Pretty sure you'll do well because you're aiming pretty high in terms of university and courses etc.) :smile:

Was annoying lol, they wanted such specific knowledge. It was the only exam I actually revised for because I decided to turn over a new lead and work hard. Never again :lol: I'll stick to just doing some past papers...

It was okay I think, can only wait and see.
How was yours?
Original post by sarcastic-sal
Best: either C2 (AQA) or LITB1 (AQA)Worst: F322 (OCR), although this may change depending on how G482 goes...

Original post by sr234
Best: AQA core 2
Worst: AQA biol2 :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by crayolaguy
Best: Core 2 AQA
Worst: Unit 1 Accounting

Looks like the C2 paper was actually decent on AQA...All of the Edexcel petition people be jelly

Quick Reply

Latest