The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Haz
Hi Oxbridge peeps,
was wondering how much revision you will be doing for end of year exams (realise final year is a bit different!) How important is it really?

Well, if I fail my 2nd MB exams I have to resit in September. If I fail them then, I'm out. If I screw up tripos exams, I can't redo them, that's my final grade for that bit of the course. I think a lot of the pressure is self-inflicted, but I do feel like I have a lot to live up to.
Reply 2
Haz
Hi Oxbridge peeps,
was wondering how much revision you will be doing for end of year exams (realise final year is a bit different!) How important is it really?

I'll be doing as much as I can, because I'm crap at half my subject and will be in trouble with my tutors if I get a 2:2 or less this year. Plus I'll kick myself because I'm sure I'm capable of more than that. It doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things but it matters to me! So I'm trying really hard... just wish my bloody friends would leave me alone :frown:
Reply 3
Do you get many of those annoying kind of people who want to create the impression that they hardly do any revision thus are always up for going out?
IMO they're usually either the 24/7 types who dont seem to waste a minute of their time so they get loads of work done anyway, or theyre the intensive 15 hour day last minute marathon types. I imagine you might get an unpleasantly large number of these sorts at Cam?
How do you guys motivate yourselves?
Reply 5
I just finished an exam! Only 6 more to go!
Reply 6
shiny
I just finished an exam! Only 6 more to go!

Jeez!!! It wasn't a very long exam was it???
My shortest are 3hrs.
Good Luck with scary finals!!! :eek:
Reply 7
hildabeast
Jeez!!! It wasn't a very long exam was it???
My shortest are 3hrs.
Good Luck with scary finals!!! :eek:

No, only 8 x 1.5 hour ones (one of my papers is coursework only so - I only have 7). Got another one in a few hours!
Reply 8
Good luck!!
Reply 9
OK, now I am depressed because that exam did not go well! :confused:
Reply 10
shiny
OK, now I am depressed because that exam did not go well! :confused:

Mine were awful too. :frown:
Reply 11
blissy
Mine were awful too. :frown:

mine will be. There is not enough time in the world for me to get all the relevant bits into my head :frown:
Reply 12
Sometimes I wonder if it would be better to just have a temporary brain transplant? I can't do exams. Nice dissertation or project - yes. Exams - no.
Reply 13
smaug
Do you get many of those annoying kind of people who want to create the impression that they hardly do any revision thus are always up for going out?
IMO they're usually either the 24/7 types who dont seem to waste a minute of their time so they get loads of work done anyway, or theyre the intensive 15 hour day last minute marathon types. I imagine you might get an unpleasantly large number of these sorts at Cam?

Good question actually... any response?
Reply 14
OK, I admit it, I'm a 24/7 man. I am always doing something, whether it be work or sports or something.
shiny
OK, I admit it, I'm a 24/7 man. I am always doing something, whether it be work or sports or something.

I thought you were a gal. :eek:
Reply 16
Nope. Definitely not a gal.
shiny
Nope. Definitely not a gal.

hehe, sorry. :smile:
Reply 18
In fact, while we are on the subject, are you guy or gal?
shiny
In fact, while we are on the subject, are you guy or gal?

most definitely a guy! :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending