The Student Room Group

Pencil in exams

Does anyone know how well the pencil scans through in chem/bio/phys exams, where you're allowed to use it for diagrams?

I don't want to risk having it not scan through and lose a ton of marks. I can trace over it with pen in chem and bio because I usually finish about 20 minutes ahead of time but never in physics.

Cheers
Reply 1
I think most exam boards prefer you use a pencil for diagrams, but yeah if you're not sure there's no harm going over it in pen later :smile:
I wouldn't go over it with pen, using pen for a table for example is an automatic 0 marks. Just write "pencil diagram" in pen next to the diagram
Original post by michaelhaych
I wouldn't go over it with pen, using pen for a table for example is an automatic 0 marks.

where did you get this from, ive never heard it before :confused:
Original post by Arithmeticae
where did you get this from, ive never heard it before :confused:

My old Biology teacher told me in regards to coursework. By table I mean the actual lines need to be in pencil, the writing can be in pen
Original post by michaelhaych
I wouldn't go over it with pen, using pen for a table for example is an automatic 0 marks. Just write "pencil diagram" in pen next to the diagram

That's actually a really good idea, I might do that just to be sure. Thanks all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest