The Student Room Group

Philosophy EPQ suggestions ?

Any suggestions for an EPQ title concerning philosophy ? It's difficult because A-level philosophy is very broad.
Original post by callumjsmith
Any suggestions for an EPQ title concerning philosophy ? It's difficult because A-level philosophy is very broad.

any notion as to the kind of area you want to look at? Because your question is as well very broad.
Reply 2
Original post by cambio wechsel
any notion as to the kind of area you want to look at? Because your question is as well very broad.

Hahahah very true.
Well I wouldn't mind straying into morality, but I prefer metaphysics and epistemology. I've only just sat my AS philosophy exam so i'm not extremely familiar with the A2 syllabus just yet. Possible titles I've researched loads of possible titles but am still unsure because the EPQ should have a clear focus, which as you can imagine is more difficult for philosophy ! Anyways these two are possible titles
''Whether the world exists outside of the self''
and
''Whether a priori knowledge is possible''
Any suggestions based on Metaphysics, Epistemology, Kant's theory of a priori knowledge, Ethics, Philosophy of language and philosophy of politics and law would be great !
Original post by callumjsmith
Hahahah very true.
Well I wouldn't mind straying into morality, but I prefer metaphysics and epistemology. I've only just sat my AS philosophy exam so i'm not extremely familiar with the A2 syllabus just yet. Possible titles I've researched loads of possible titles but am still unsure because the EPQ should have a clear focus, which as you can imagine is more difficult for philosophy ! Anyways these two are possible titles
''Whether the world exists outside of the self''
and
''Whether a priori knowledge is possible''
Any suggestions based on Metaphysics, Epistemology, Kant's theory of a priori knowledge, Ethics, Philosophy of language and philosophy of politics and law would be great !

What is it like to be a bat? :tongue:

What have you done in the philosophy of language? You could focus on descriptivism or some of the more modern causal theories of meaning.

Quick Reply

Latest