The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Sport therapy degree

Evening! I start at Teeside in September and it would be interesting to find out how many people are doing the same course?

Also anyone know of what the gym facilities are like at TU as I'm a pretty keen bodybuilder and need a decent gym!
Mark

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I already play for a rugby team but considering playing for uni.

Wouldnt mind finding someone to talk too about the degree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Ive already replied to you on another post referring to me also studying sports therapy.

however i also went to look around and the gym facilities arent amazing, however they are definitely better than some universities i went to see. You can also get different memberships which allow you to access swimming pools etc if i remember correctly :smile:
Reply 3
Ah yes I just read it. The facilities in general are pretty good but I want to talk to the head of sports when I start too see if I can get some funding for bodybuilding competitions. (Random I realise)

I asked about the gym and they told me the weights I'd be allowed to lift will be restricted which is of no use to me so I'll stick to where im at.

Well I'm sure I shall see you soon enough then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MarkoBB
Ah yes I just read it. The facilities in general are pretty good but I want to talk to the head of sports when I start too see if I can get some funding for bodybuilding competitions. (Random I realise)

I asked about the gym and they told me the weights I'd be allowed to lift will be restricted which is of no use to me so I'll stick to where im at.

Well I'm sure I shall see you soon enough then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeahhh doesnt sound too good for you
I'll only be using it for aerobic stuff aha
Have you met anyone else studying the course yet?:smile:
Reply 5
Itll be fine for you then! Nah I havent actually apart from the guy im at college with. Not sure how many people are on the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, im also going with someone from my college, and theres someone else I met on facebook :smile: whereabouts are you from? I dont have a clue how many of us there is on the course haha
Reply 7
I'm from newton aycliffe so I wont be driving to uni I'll just be getting the train. Should be a good laugh! Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah right, im from between York and Scarborough, so I'll be staying in student accommodation:smile: Yeahh, cant wait to meet more people aha
Reply 9
Not too far away then. See you shortly :smile: all my bag will contain is mainly fish and rice for uni...how random

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeahh aha hopefully see you soon:smile: im just taking lots of pasta.. Aha
Reply 11
Not sure if they have anymore open days to meet people on the course do they?
Protein and carbs...food of the gods hah. What optional module were you thinking of taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure, they have that 'b4 uni' day aha, and im also not sure about the module yet, I need to look into it more ahha what about you?
Hi
I'll hopefully be starting the Sports therapy course in september too :smile: have either of you recieved anything about your DBS check yet?
Reply 14
I'll probably take the nutrition or strength and conditioning if its still an option. Hey I have received my dbs form but I still need to fill it out and send it. I best get a move on!
Yeah im thinking more the nutrition :smile:

Hey holly! Yeah ive received my forms but haven't sent them back aha
Are you going to be living in uni accommodation?
Original post by Charlotte.1995
Yeah im thinking more the nutrition :smile:

Hey holly! Yeah ive received my forms but haven't sent them back aha
Are you going to be living in uni accommodation?

Hey! I feel like I have forgotten everything about the course! I have no idea what to pick as the optional!!
And yes I'm in Parkside hall, what about you both?
I need to look into it more aha
Im going to be in king edwards square
Do you know of anyone else doing the course?:smile:
Original post by Charlotte.1995
I need to look into it more aha
Im going to be in king edwards square
Do you know of anyone else doing the course?:smile:

On second thoughts I'm either in Parkside halls or village.... my accommodation got changed!
I don't even know the optional modules aha!
Umm there's a few from my school doing it but other than that I have no idea, what about you?
Original post by hollylightburn
On second thoughts I'm either in Parkside halls or village.... my accommodation got changed!
I don't even know the optional modules aha!
Umm there's a few from my school doing it but other than that I have no idea, what about you?

Oh god, why did it change?!
Theyre on the teesside website on the course info somewhere aha
There's someone else from my college, then ive met 2/3 other people on here and facebook aha
Whereabouts are you from?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending