It's foundation for crying out loud
Original post by The pencil one
Pretty hard NOT to get a c

It might not be hard for you.
Original post by Kitty-meaw
It might not be hard for you.

But foundation is basic maths.
Do the higher paper? U need like 75/200 to get a C.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you aren't "terrible" at maths you might find it better to do the higher. You need a smaller percentage for a C.

However, if you really struggle and think foundation is best for you - stick with it, work hard and you'll get a C.
Well you need to get most questions right in the paper to actually get a C so I really think you should ask for the higher paper, it will make it easier for you, I believe especially you are alright with maths but that's just my opinion. :smile: Just work hard and do your best if you have to do the foundation paper. Make sure you do a lot of past papers! I can't tell you how much I improved just by doing a few! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mickel_w
i love your arrogance

not really I think you're a dick

I got an A* because I worked hard. Maybe you should work hard and you can get better. Stop being offensive
I'd say it's doable if you put the work into it.

I got an A* because I worked hard. Maybe you should work hard and you can get better. Stop being offensive

You can't get higher than a C on foundation, and you are arrogant, some people find maths challenging while others don't. And who's to say that OP/other people haven't worked hard?
(edited 9 years ago)
Pretty hard NOT to get a c

Depends on who you are and how good you are at maths but ina way I agree with this.

Whenever we did past papers I would get upset when I got an A, GCSE maths is ridiculously easy
Original post by Dilzo999
I'd say it's doable if you put the work into it.

You can't get higher than a C on foundation, and you are arrogant, some people find maths challenging while others don't. And who's to say that OP/other people haven't worked hard?

Arrogant because I find maths easy? Don't be silly.

They haven't worked hard enough if they don't get a c.
Original post by Mubariz
Depends on who you are and how good you are at maths but ina way I agree with this.

Whenever we did past papers I would get upset when I got an A, GCSE maths is ridiculously easy

It is indeed

I honestly think it's doable to get a c if you work hard and go through past papers.
Reply 12

You're either naturally good at maths or not. It's like giving someone a guitar and saying 'You obviously haven't worked hard enough to play that 12 minute Van Halen solo, you scum.'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MSc0tt
You're either naturally good at maths or not. It's like giving someone a guitar and saying 'You obviously haven't worked hard enough to play that 12 minute Van Halen solo, you scum.'

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't agree. Maths is all about having the ability and problem solving skills and you CAN develop them.

I was a C grade student in year 10 but worked my ass off so hard to get my A* then went onto A-level maths.

Some have the natural ability and some don't but those that don't shouldn't worry.

I do work hard. Since when did this conversation have anything to do with me or my grades?

Anyone who read your post and really does try their hardest but can only manage to get a C would view your post as arrogant. Some things you can't just 'work hard' for - they're out of your reach whatever you do.

You may be smart, but being a dick won't get you far in life.
I'm sure people would rather work with a C-grade maths student that's nice, than one who looks down upon others for getting a lower GCSE grade… I mean it's GCSE for god's sakes, half of the people won't even revise for it.
Reply 15
I don't agree. Maths is all about having the ability and problem solving skills and you CAN develop them.

I was a C grade student in year 10 but worked my ass off so hard to get my A* then went onto A-level maths.

Some have the natural ability and some don't but those that don't shouldn't worry.

You have a year to learn the hurdy gurdy and play for me "House of the Rising Sun" flawlessly whilst reciting the Magna Carta. Go.

and is it me or did you just completely contradict yourself within 1 post
Original post by MSc0tt
You have a year to learn the hurdy gurdy and play for me "House of the Rising Sun" flawlessly whilst reciting the Magna Carta. Go.

Are you serious?

Ther's a difference between doing that and getting an A* at GCSE Maths where there is almost no real application of maths required

Just you bruv

Few have the natural ability but it's hard work that will get them the top grades again and again

I do work hard. Since when did this conversation have anything to do with me or my grades?

Anyone who read your post and really does try their hardest but can only manage to get a C would view your post as arrogant. Some things you can't just 'work hard' for - they're out of your reach whatever you do.

You may be smart, but being a dick won't get you far in life.
I'm sure people would rather work with a C-grade maths student that's nice, than one who looks down upon others for getting a lower GCSE grade… I mean it's GCSE for god's sakes, half of the people won't even revise for it.

Ok then.

Ok then.

top reply to a reasoned argument

Quick Reply

Latest