The Student Room Group

VOTE: Minimum amount of time that you need to know someone in order to get married

Poll

What's the min lenght of time that you need to be in a relationship before married?

Before getting married to someone, how long is the minimum that you need to be in a relationship with them before taking the final step to get married with them?
Your poll says minimum time you need to know them, so I answered that rather than your post which asked how long you should be in a relationship. I'd say a bare minimum of 2 years, if you had a pretty intense relationship where you spent a lot of time together from the beginning and have lived together for at least 6 months. It also depends on your stage in life - for someone meeting at 16 it'd probably be longer than someone at 30. So 2 years bare minimum, but in a relationship progressing at a more normal speed I'd say more like 3 or 4.
I'd want to have been in the relationship for at least four years and lived together for at least two years.
Reply 3
As i said in a different thread, 3 years. I'd want to be together for a year to ensure a stable and lasting relationship, i'd want to live together for a year to make sure she's not going to drive me mad and finally i'd like to have a puppy together for a year to evaluate her potential as a mother to my genetic heirs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending