The Student Room Group

Man and mother-in-law die trying to retrieve mobile phone dropped down toilet

Link

The victims were overcome by fumes while searching for the brand new phone worth almost £200

A father and his mother-in-law died trying to retrieve a mobile phone which had been dropped down the toilet.

The victims were overcome by fumes while wading through the cesspit to search for the brand new phone which was worth nearly £200.

A woman had dropped it into the cesspit and her husband and mother-in-law climbed down to look for it, the South China Morning Post reports.

But they passed out within a matter of minutes due to the smell.

Other relatives went in to try and rescue them and also became unconscious.

Eventually, villagers in Xinxiang tied rope to the victims and pulled free the six people who had gone into the cesspit.

Three more are now in a serious condition in hospital.

The woman, who is among those in intensive care, and her dead husband had a one-year-old baby.

A hospital doctor said the victims suffocated.

...........I have no words.
Ohh ****. Literally.
How tragic. :frown:

A brand new phone as well.
The real question is whether or not they managed to retrieve the phone.

Spoiler

Ohhh Xianxing. Makes sense now. I think I heard this story or I saw a similar story on World's Dumbest. Ignore the title lol It shows vids of people doing dumb **** and this one guy in the Orient somewhere, I think China, dropped his phone in a thing you might wanna call a toilet, but it was just a hole in the ground in some bustling city slum. He had a suit on though and was drunk off his face and did some like yoga move to get his phone back. He made it out though...sadly...
Why would anyone care THAT much about a mobile, it's only a bloody PHONE for gods' sake. £200 for a phone is a bit of a sensless waste, but I guess it's his money, and his life, to throw away on literal crap.
Things like this always seem to happen in China...
The funeral was **** but the reception was surprisingly good.
If they had got the phone back what did they plan to do then ? Hose it down with disinfectant ?
That is a dumb way to die but RIP these two people

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending