The Student Room Group

Maths or Computer Science at UCL or Imperial - requirements?

""
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Hoodzc
I adamantly desire to go to Imperial or UCL to study Maths/Computer Science , but i recently heard you need an aggregate of 90% over all the Maths modules to be accepted. Is there any truth to this? As for me; some modules like: D2 - I’m extremely sceptical this prerequisite can be achieved (I hate D2 with a passion). Is it possible to be accepted into either of these Universities without having 90+ UMS in every module? And If I have around 80UMS will this significantly hinder my chances of entry?

Thanks in advance

I swear only Cambridge ask for exact module scores in A-Levels?

Every other uni just get grades :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
""
(edited 5 years ago)
I've heard UCL have asked for UMS scores although that's only for some subjects and they didn't ask me for Maths with Econ.
Original post by Hoodzc
I can definitively say Oxbridge require exact module marks,

Sorry, I think you've been misinformed. Oxford don't require UMS marks. If you (or your reference) choose to tell us them in the UCAS form, that's fine, but we don't require it.

All our candidates for Comp/Maths and Comp sit an aptitude test. (The MAT.) That's the primary thing we use in deciding who to interview.
Reply 5
""
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Hoodzc
Sorry, practically everyone in my College were chanting how Oxbridge want UMS marks and that they all have to be around the 90th percentile.

No worries. You might want to point them towards this: http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/entrance-requirements
Reply 7
Original post by Hoodzc
I adamantly desire to go to Imperial or UCL to study Maths/Computer Science , but i recently heard you need an aggregate of 90% over all the Maths modules to be accepted. Is there any truth to this? As for me; some modules like: D2 - I’m extremely sceptical this prerequisite can be achieved (I hate D2 with a passion). Is it possible to be accepted into either of these Universities without having 90+ UMS in every module? And If I have around 80UMS will this significantly hinder my chances of entry?

Thanks in advance

http://bit.ly/SuVqda

UCL ask for Maths module scores and give you an offer almost straight away if you have over 90%. For Computer Science, they don't require UMS.
Imperial Maths requires you to sit the MAT; this is also sat for Oxford Maths and Computer Science related subjects. Imperial don't ask for UMS, although they would be a plus if you included them and they were good.
Imperial Computer Science don't require UMS.
(I've been through admissions this cycle with both universities. Imperial is my firm; UCL is my insurance.)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending