AQA GCSE Maths LINEAR Non-calculator 9th June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think the first question was (guessing the numbers):

2P+7Y EXPRESSION
2P=7Y+4C FORMULA
2X≡2p IDENTITY
Original post by iqrahooria
Paper went terrible got no where near any of the answers :frown: did anyone get the algebraic fraction question answer

y=3.2 I think
The first question made me cry i literally opened the book and i felt so angry not knowing what each term meant!! 😡 the one with the three lines mean equals right?
Original post by randoms1324
The first question made me cry i literally opened the book and i felt so angry not knowing what each term meant!! ������ the one with the three lines mean equals right?

3 lines means an identity
I got 3.2 aswell or 16/5 same thing rigjt?!
Reply 25
There was another question about finding two numbers
something a + b =15 and the difference between the numbers was 8?
what did everyone get for that question?
Reply 26
I thought that exam was very stressful. Because of it I made a few mistakes. What did people get for the fraction algebra question?
Original post by GCSEsFUN

11.5 and 3.5
That paper was sooo unfair. It was so difficult and i'm so upset!!!!!!!! :frown:((((
Original post by GCSEsFUN

i put down 3 and 11 and I DIDNT ECEN REALISE it didnt add up to 15 untill now omfg :frown: what did you get?
So difficult
I have no motivation to revise for my science exams now tbh this has killed me
what do you think the grade boundaries will be guys?
for the frustum question wasn't it just the volume of the bottom shape which was 500?
because usually its volume of full cone - volume of removed cone, but it already had given the dimensions of the actual frustum at the bottom so wouldn't you just use that only?
For the question about working out the perimeter of the semi circle, i used the equation 2pr and added the diameter of the circle also but i forgot to half it so i got 41 but i think the right answer was 20.5?
Same got chemistry and psychology tommorow :frown:
And I got 3.2. T = 3.5, or 3 h 30 min.

The value of x for the shaded rectangle - I got 0.75. Did not have time to check the answers, unfortunately. Anyone near that?

Equation for the graph - y = 6x + 100.

CD = 10 pounds, DVD = 12.50 pounds.

Last question, maximum height = 64/15 or 4(4/15); h = 0.93 (h is perhaps wrong).

Area of triangle works out at 2,5.

Numbers that add up to 15 and their difference is 8: 11.5 and 3.5

Numbers that have median of 5 and range of I forgot what: 2 4 6 8 (maybe wrong)

Perimeter of semi-circle: (31/2)+10=25.5 cm
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 37
I made some silly mistakes so I am very disappointed,
What do you think grade boundaries will be like?
It was range of 7 so I put 2, 4, 6, 9
Original post by Frazzle1
I thought that exam was very stressful. Because of it I made a few mistakes. What did people get for the fraction algebra question?

Yeah, that was definitely what I thought! I made some simple mistakes because I got so stressed with some questions and didn't have time to check thanks to some of the killer questions. On reflection, they weren't so difficult - they just threw me because it was harder than what they tend to be on that exam. I think it feels like it was worse than what most people have probably done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending