The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Maths LINEAR Non-calculator 9th June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mojo_risin
And I got 3.2. T = 3.5, or 3 h 30 min.

The value of x for the shaded rectangle - I got 0.75. Did not have time to check the answers, unfortunately. Anyone near that?

Equation for the graph - y = 6x + 100.

CD = 10 pounds, DVD = 12.50 pounds.

Last question, maximum height = 64/15 or 4(4/15); h = 0.93 (h is perhaps wrong).

Area of triangle works out at 2,5.

Numbers that add up to 15 and their difference is 8: 11.5 and 3.5

Numbers that have median of 5 and range of I forgot what: 2 4 6 8 (maybe wrong)

for the equation for the graph i got Y=0.6x + 100 because the gradient was 3/5.
And i got the same answer for the median of 5 and range
Reply 41
Original post by contradicta
I have no motivation to revise for my science exams now tbh this has killed me

Same, have a physics exam tomorrow and now have no motivation for it :frown:
Wasn't the gradient 300/50? I forget... too much stress :smile: I hope the calc paper will not be that ugly.
If the calc is like that then im just gonna run away with the circus
gradient = 6x or (300/50)x
what did you all get for the congruency of square question, shaded area question and the surd triangle (which was a bitch)
Did everyone get x squared = 36 as 6, at least I know I got 2 marks!
was the surd triangle pythagoras, trigonometry or sine?
and the shaded rectangle, were you supposed to create a quadratic, factorise and then find 2 values for x?
Original post by decwright
Did everyone get x squared = 36 as 6, at least I know I got 2 marks!

yes
Original post by jamnol123
was the surd triangle pythagoras, trigonometry or sine?
and the shaded rectangle, were you supposed to create a quadratic, factorise and then find 2 values for x?

The triangle was the area so 1/2cbsinA -- even knowing that I still didn't get the answer though
Reply 49
Made some silly mistakes..
anyways What do you think grade boundaries will be like
Wow hardest paper :/ I have no clue how I did I was hoping for an a* but now! Just hope for low boundaries any ideas?
Did anyone else finish most of the paper in 30 minutes and then spend a whole hour trying to figure out the last page and triangle questions?
Original post by Rosalie_aqua
Wow hardest paper :/ I have no clue how I did I was hoping for an a* but now! Just hope for low boundaries any ideas?

Maybe if we all pray/animal sacrifice? I was also hoping for an A* :frown: (my parents will accept no less)
That was very hard, 1 cm for a question did anyone else
plus or minus 6, but I think they would condone the +/- thing.
For the shaded rectangle I got x = 0.75. The other value of x was zero divided by 12, thus non-existent, and the equation had only one root. Hope I am right... did anyone else got that value? I did not factorize, used the quadratic formula instead.
For the surd triangle, I used A = 1/2(a*b*sinC), and the area worked out at 2,5.
Original post by Rosalie_aqua

same it was nothing like past aqa papers :frown: if the calculator is anything like it then i will be 100% screwed
what is the value of y when x is 80?
for the median and range question, i got 2.4.6.9 because the range was 7 and median was 5? did anyone else get this??
Original post by contradicta
I have no motivation to revise for my science exams now tbh this has killed me

same :'(
Reply 59
Original post by randoms1324
i put down 3 and 11 and I DIDNT ECEN REALISE it didnt add up to 15 untill now omfg :frown: what did you get?

I got 11.5 and 3.5, its all right don't worry we've still got paper 2 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending