The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Maths LINEAR Non-calculator 9th June 2014

Scroll to see replies

What did y'all say for drawing comparisons between the mean and interquartile range in the races?
I have to smash the calculator that is where my strength is . Although i highly doubt calculator is going to as hard
I put somthing like women have a higher average mean

Mean have a larger interquatile range
Very disappointed to say the least

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
what about the probability tree diagram - what did you guys put??
I said the median for the men's results was higher, which means men have generally scored higher; and IQR for women's results was smaller, so women generally have more consistent results.
For the congruent triangles I used the fact that two sides and the angle between them are equal in both triangles (10 cm and 135 degrees). Anyone done that?

How is the final mark estimated? Do they sum the score on the non-calc and the calc paper, or they are accessed individually? The fact that I have to wait until August makes me a saaad panda :frown:
Reply 86
Original post by mojo_risin
I said the median for the men's results was higher, which means men have generally scored higher; and IQR for women's results was smaller, so women generally have more consistent results.
For the congruent triangles I used the fact that two sides and the angle between them are equal in both triangles (10 cm and 135 degrees). Anyone done that?

How is the final mark estimated? Do they sum the score on the non-calc and the calc paper, or they are accessed individually? The fact that I have to wait until August makes me a saaad panda :frown:

yeah I got 135 degrees to!
Think they add both papers?
Pretty sure the semi circle was 25.5cm
Circumference = 2nr
= 10n
= 31cm
31/2= 15.5
Base= 5+5=10
15.5+10= 25.5cm2
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by Sumaiyahz
Crapp I put 12&14 just realised nowww

Don't worry, I think we've all made silly mistakes!
anyways What do you thing grade boundaries will be like?
Original post by mojo_risin

It's the sum of the 2 papers but the calc is worth 60% :smile:

I did what you did for the congruency.
Reply 90
Original post by azo
Thoughts? I did okay except for a couple of mistakes I made, and I couldn't do 18b) the very last question. The frustum was 875 wasn't it?

18b was the hardest, did you relate your workings to the midpoint of the xaxis involved in the graph? also i got h=1 for part a; anyone else get that ?
Median and range question I put 4,5,5,11
Reply 92
Original post by shivani210598
That paper was horrible! What did everyone put for what T was in the journey question.. I put 3.5 OR something like that....

yh 3.5 was right anyone get the surd triangle question, i think i did, but im not sure
Original post by Angus09
yh 3.5 was right anyone get the surd triangle question, i think i did, but im not sure

I managed to reach 5 using the Area formula and them randomly divided it by 2 to make it 2.5cm :colondollar: (some marks for working hopefully)
I am also sure about the semicircle's perimeter - 25,5 cm.
For 18b I got highest point at 64/15, or 4(4/15) by setting the x variable at middle of horizontal distance (3,5). How many marks was the first part of the question worth? I got that wrong.
(edited 9 years ago)
guys what do we with the grade boundaries will be like?
I made loads and loads of stupid marks!
how did people calculate the surd question it was so hard!
how was it 3.5 for 18b? it said that it was 7.5?
Also im pretty embarrased but i got the cd and dvd q wrong?
I got one of them £10 but i got the other one wrong
How many marks do you think i will get for this q?
Did anybody else get 40cm2 for the area of the parallelogram??
(edited 9 years ago)
I am not sure anymore (tend to forget really fast). Wasn't the maximum distance for 18b 7 meters? The question was to prove that the maximum point is at 4(4/15)m. The equation for the height was -1/15(2x+1)(2x-15) as far as I remember.
Original post by Kieranc28
Did anybody else get 48cm2 for the area of the parallelogram??

Nope, you had to multiply the base by the height (8x5) not the side by the base (8x6) making it 40cm2
Reply 99
Original post by Kieranc28
Did anybody else get 40cm2 for the area of the parallelogram??

yeah that's right, however I had put down 30cm2 :frown:
it was 8 x 5
I did 6 x 5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending