The Student Room Group

Cambridge Pharmacy Course?

I can't seem to find a Pharmacy course for Cambridge Uni 2015. Can someone check on this if they aren't providing a pharmacy course?

Also, is Medicine course practically Pharmacy? I'd like some clarification on this please.

Thanks everyone :P

Scroll to see replies

Cambridge and oxford don't do pharmacy and no medicine and pharmacy are completely different

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are medicine and pharmacy the same? :lolwut:

And no only medicine is offered at the moment
Pharmacy is like a worse version of Medicine in my eyes. So no, they are not the same course. Cambridge and Oxford are very respectable unis and so they wouldn't offer a sub-standard degree such as pharmacy.
Original post by ArrogantGenius
Pharmacy is like a worse version of Medicine in my eyes. So no, they are not the same course. Cambridge and Oxford are very respectable unis and so they wouldn't offer a sub-standard degree such as pharmacy.

Im sorry, You dont have to be patronising to pharmacy students, We also work our asses off for 5 years in total to qualify. And is doctors who when are stuck during prescribing need to ask the pharmacists advice.

And btw what course are you doing?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sachinisgod
Im sorry, You dont have to be patronising to pharmacy students, We also work or asses off for 5 years in total to qualify. And is doctors who when are stuck during prescribing need to ask the pharmacists advice.

And btw what course are you doing?

I'll be hoping to do medicine. Pharmacy as a back-up. My brother is in his third year of pharmacy and I make fun of him all the time :lol::lol::lol:
I'll be hoping to do medicine. Pharmacy as a back-up. My brother is in his third year of pharmacy and I make fun of him all the time :lol::lol::lol:

Seems one part of your username is true.

Dw even pharmacy was my back up.

With attitude like yours I hope the pharmacy tutors see through it and never let you in.

And tbh you brother doesnt need to to make fun of him, when u get rejected for medicine it will be his turn to laugh
Original post by keromedic
Seems one part of your username is true.

Plausible comment.
Dw even pharmacy was my back up.

With attitude like yours I hope the pharmacy tutors see through it and never let you in.

And tbh you brother doesnt need to to make fun of him, when u get rejected for medicine it will be his turn to laugh

He takes it as a joke, half the people in his pharmacy are all medical rejects.
Plausible comment.
He takes it as a joke, half the people in his pharmacy are all medical rejects.

Yes your point is? It is natural for people who have been rejected for Med and Dent to fall back on the next best thing.

How do you know a reject who became a pharmacist would not have been a better doctor then a med student? Its just the whole application process which is a shambles and not enough places to fill. Thats the problem. Not the standard of a pharmacy course.
Yes your point is? It is natural for people who have been rejected for Med and Dent to fall back on the next best thing.

How do you know a reject who became a pharmacist would not have been a better doctor then a med student? Its just the whole application process which is a shambles and not enough places to fill. Thats the problem. Not the standard of a pharmacy course.

All I see is excuses for failing in your post. Nothing else. Get a solid 700+ on your UKCAT and 4 As/A*s at A2 and your fine.
All I see is excuses for failing in your post. Nothing else. Get a solid 700+ on your UKCAT and 4 As/A*s at A2 and your fine.

Yeah sure mate. You do know nothing is guaranteed in life right. Even the stats you said WILL NOT GUARANTEE you a place. What about Personal statement, work experience, interview? Thats all subjective right?
Yeah sure mate. You do know nothing is guaranteed in life right. Even the stats you said WILL NOT GUARANTEE you a place. What about Personal statement, work experience, interview? Thats all subjective right?

Work experince isn't subjective, that's easy. I quite enjoyed my work experience, looking down on the charity shop peasants who work there. Shadowing a GP was also quite fun. Interview is subjective, but can be practiced. And personal statement isn't that difficult to write either. Only thing I will struggle with is my BMAT score for my Cambridge application.

Sub-standard degree lol.

Why do you think GP practices employ pharmacists to guide doctors on effective prescribing?

In fact, pharmacists are the experts on medicines - that's their niche within health care.
Work experince isn't subjective, that's easy. I quite enjoyed my work experience, looking down on the charity shop peasants who work there. Shadowing a GP was also quite fun. Interview is subjective, but can be practiced. And personal statement isn't that difficult to write either. Only thing I will struggle with is my BMAT score for my Cambridge application.

Good then. hope you get rejected :smile:
Original post by thegodofgod
Sub-standard degree lol.

Why do you think GP practices employ pharmacists to guide doctors on effective prescribing?

In fact, pharmacists are the experts on medicines - that's their niche within health care.

The only thing I'm interested is the pay cheque, don't give that BS.
Good then. hope you get rejected :smile:

Thanks x.
The only thing I'm interested is the pay cheque, don't give that BS.
Thanks x.

Then why not become a hedge fund manager? All you have surrounding you there is money!
Reply 17

Being a Doctor isn't for everyone
Original post by Qari
Being a Doctor isn't for everyone

Who said medicine leads to being a doctor? There are a variety of choices.
Reply 19
Who said medicine leads to being a doctor? There are a variety of choices.

like............

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending