The Student Room Group

GCSE Chemistry Additional (C456) OCR 21st Century ----- LAST MINUTE TIPS!

I'm seriously stressing out about the c456 exam tomorrow afternoon and I feel like I need some guidance and pointers. I have a revision guide and a stack of past papers but I can't contain any information... HELP!
Original post by Bubbles198
I'm seriously stressing out about the c456 exam tomorrow afternoon and I feel like I need some guidance and pointers. I have a revision guide and a stack of past papers but I can't contain any information... HELP!

same i'm ust going to make notes off the revision guide and hope it stays in my head, how did biology go?
Reply 2
Original post by iqrahooria
same i'm ust going to make notes off the revision guide and hope it stays in my head, how did biology go?

I've made notes (mainly copied and pasted from the book but handwritten) and they still don't make sense to me! :s-smilie: Biology was pretty good, should have bagged over 45 marks :smile:
I've made notes (mainly copied and pasted from the book but handwritten) and they still don't make sense to me! :s-smilie: Biology was pretty good, should have bagged over 45 marks :smile:
wow thats good i had to rush it cus i ran out of time miss out that conclusion question 3 marks gone :frown: and really didnt get that maths question on the same bit but hopefully i can do better in physics and chemistry. There are some videos on youtube which explain the main parts of C456 check Ryansecondaryscience hope it helps. Im so worried for it!
Reply 4
Original post by iqrahooria
wow thats good i had to rush it cus i ran out of time miss out that conclusion question 3 marks gone :frown: and really didnt get that maths question on the same bit but hopefully i can do better in physics and chemistry. There are some videos on youtube which explain the main parts of C456 check Ryansecondaryscience hope it helps. Im so worried for it!

As long as you attempted most questions and did all the 6 markers, you should pick up many marks. I think I kinda messed up the calculations, but maybe i'll get marks for my working out. Thanks, i'll check tem out! I think everyone is stressed about this exam, even more for P456!
does anyone know the grade boundaries for these papers? like, what percentage do we need to get on each of the 6 papers to get atleast a pass?

you should watch videos like this one and make your own notes from them, them use your revision guide or school book or whatever to add to them v
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr8XlpCqDJU :smile::smile:
Reply 7
Original post by anonymouslurker
does anyone know the grade boundaries for these papers? like, what percentage do we need to get on each of the 6 papers to get atleast a pass?

From most of the past papers we've done in class and for mock exams, the gb's are really low. Most times you need just over 20 marks and just under 30 marks to get a C grade. Hopefully this stays the same or goes even lower!
Reply 8
I feel so good now that i'm officially done with Chemistry GCSE! The test was much better than I expected it to be, and I think it was slightly more straightforward than the Biology paper :biggrin:
I feel so good now that i'm officially done with Chemistry GCSE! The test was much better than I expected it to be, and I think it was slightly more straightforward than the Biology paper :biggrin:

What questions came up on the C456 Chemistry A exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending