The Student Room Group

Frizzy hair problem

I have naturally very frizzy hair. I have to straighten it everyday because otherwise I look like I don't take care of myself, it's that bad. :sadnod: But even when I do straighten it I have lots of fly away bits.

What can I do?!
I have naturally frizzy hair, too, so I completely understand where you're coming from! While I don't really put much effort into doing my hair in my own time, my hairdresser did tell me that it's a good idea to apply anti-frizz serum before drying and styling frizzy hair. She also said that Morocaanoil works well on this particular hair type. I also received a Tangle Teezer as a Christmas present, which I find really useful - I use it to brush through my hair after washing and towel drying it, and it really helps to separate the strands of hair, so that it dries in nice, natural waves/curls, rather than clumping together or going frizzy. I would definitely recommend talking to your hairdresser about solutions specific to your particular hair type. I hope this helps :smile:
Apply alotttttt of conditioniar and use heat protection if you don't already. I sometimes uses that frizz ease stuff which is quite good. The thing that makes the most difference for me is conditioner.
Reply 3
I have naturally curly hair but it's frizzy too, a lot of people just say to straighten it but i don't want to i like it curly so i'm always trying different frizz fighting products but haven't found the right one yet.
Although its a bit pricey, I've heard good reviews about Hairdressers Invisible Oil by Bumble & Bumble. Just smooth some through before you straighten :biggrin:
Okay when drying your hair after washing it don't use a normal towel use a soft cotton tee. This will reduce frizz. Also use a hair serum and try not to handle your hair too much when it is wet as this will cause more frizz.
Original post by Sazzy890
I have naturally very frizzy hair. I have to straighten it everyday because otherwise I look like I don't take care of myself, it's that bad. :sadnod: But even when I do straighten it I have lots of fly away bits.

What can I do?!

You're not alone, I have the same problem! All the Frizz Ease products by John Frieda are well worth investing in. They're a bit pricey but they're so worth it. Also have a look into Brazilian Blow Dry treatments. I'm considering having done because I'm so fed up of having to spend 2 hours+ straightening my hair :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending