The Student Room Group

Posts mean Prizes! TSR Daily Prize Draw.Now Finished. But plenty more competitions to

It was simple to get involved, all you needed to do is post on The Student Room in the forum of the week and you’ll get entered into a draw to win a prize.

This is now finished but we will continue to have competitions across TSR now and in the future to win cool prizes. :yep:

What do you need to do if you win?

Nothing! We'll contact you and arrange the delivery of the prize. :smile:

Prizes:

Here is a list of prizes you could win:

Fitness Kit

Speakers

Frozen on DVD

Skull Candy Headphones

Cadbury's Treasure Box

Student Cookbook

Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

Cinema Voucher

Terms and conditions:

All prizes must be claimed within 14 days.

Posts must be constructive.

We do not allow spam posting.

All posts have to abide by the community guidelines that have been set. If you are unsure of the CG click here!

If you create a post as an “anonymous” user, this post will not be counted towards your daily total of posts.

If your post has been reported or has been warned, this post will not be counted towards your daily total of posts.

If you delete your post this post will not be counted towards your daily total of posts.

This also is a dedicated thread for discussion around the prize draw, In this thread you can see results from each day and a create a few discussions (congratulate the winner and talk about your prizes!).
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Jump to post 45 for relevant links to new awesome threads in the Entertainment forum to get you started.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
You can use this thread for general competition discussion as well. Or any questions you have about it.

You can nominate a future forum of the week you think will work well.
Other suggestions/improvements for the comp.
And after a while we can get the previous winners to share pics of their prizes. (If they want to)
Reply 3
spotify95
I've now ventured over to the Sports forum, to post a bit and to enter the competition :wink:

Where will the winners be announced?

Good to see you there.

The daily winner i'll aim to announce each afternoon for the day before. So the first winner of the sport specific competition will be announced tomorrow afternoon.

For the weekend, winners will be announced on Mondays.
Original post by Motorbiker
Good to see you there.

The daily winner i'll aim to announce each afternoon for the day before. So the first winner of the sport specific competition will be announced tomorrow afternoon.

For the weekend, winners will be announced on Mondays.

Thanks, are the winners announced in this thread, or the old thread? also I take it winners still get a PM?
Reply 5
Original post by spotify95
Thanks, are the winners announced in this thread, or the old thread? also I take it winners still get a PM?

The new winners from tomorrow onwards will be announced in this thread as well as getting PM'd.

The previous winners from the old style competition were picked a minute ago and they will be announced in the old thread at some point.

Any other questions just ask. :smile:
The new winners from tomorrow onwards will be announced in this thread as well as getting PM'd.

The previous winners from the old style competition were picked a minute ago and they will be announced in the old thread at some point.

Any other questions just ask. :smile:

Ok thanks, was just wondering :smile:

After this week, when the competition will go to another forum section, will we keep using this thread, or go to a new thread?

Reply 7
Original post by spotify95
Ok thanks, was just wondering :smile:

After this week, when the competition will go to another forum section, will we keep using this thread, or go to a new thread?

Plan is to keep using this new thread and just Edit the OP for the new details.
I disagree with this thread because it only serves to make the shareholders happy in the growth of the website.
Reply 9
Original post by tehforum
I disagree with this thread because it only serves to make the shareholders happy in the growth of the website.

This competition does not only serve the shareholders.

It also helps people explore different areas of the site that they didn't know about or had never posted in.

And it gives them prizes for posting there. Some people will be posting there anyway and get given a prize.

Sounds like a good deal to users as well to me.

(Obviously i'm biased though)
(edited 9 years ago)
This competition does not only serve the shareholders.

It also helps people explore different areas of the site that they didn't know about or had never posted in.

And it gives them prizes for posting there. Some people will be posting there anyway and get given a prize.

Sounds like a good deal to users as well to me.

(Obviously i'm bias though)

It follows from the removal of neg rep; the competitions for the highest post count to win a sub, etc.

TSR is a business, and this is part of their business strategy.
It follows from the removal of neg rep; the competitions for the highest post count to win a sub, etc.

TSR is a business, and this is part of their business strategy.

Of course, but it doesn't only benefit the shareholders. A lot of people mostly post in sport anyway so the chance to win something for no extra effort is nice.

(Obviously i'm bias though)

You're biased. You have bias.

Sorry :colondollar:
Original post by manchesterunited15
Of course, but it doesn't only benefit the shareholders. A lot of people mostly post in sport anyway so the chance to win something for no extra effort is nice.

You're biased. You have bias.

Sorry :colondollar:

No worries. Glad to be corrected.

Thanks for agreeing the competition idea is good. Everybody wins really.

If you have any other suggestions/improvements then let us know and we'll take them into account. :smile:
No worries. Glad to be corrected.

Thanks for agreeing the competition idea is good. Everybody wins really.

If you have any other suggestions/improvements then let us know and we'll take them into account. :smile:

I am the Devil's advocate.
I am the Devil's advocate.

I know but this is good for members as well as the site so everyone wins. :smile:

Members get prizes and get to see new parts of the site and the site gets more people posting in more areas.
24 Hours of Le Mans is on this weekend and there's a thread for that in Motorsport as well.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2709932
PRIZE WINNER for 10/06/2014

Michealzz :yay:

Original post by michaelzz
Tennis :yy:

Was the winning post in the Favourite sport thread. :biggrin:

I'll be in contact with you via PM as well to arrange your prize.

It's that simple people. Posts mean prizes.

It’s simple to get involved, all you need to do is post on The Student Room in the forum of the week and you’ll get entered into a draw to win a prize.

Forum of the week: Sport

Click here to go to the Sport forum now

Top Threads to get you started

How it works?

Every time you post in the Sport forum (or any sub-forum like Football or Motorsport), your name gets entered into the TSR daily prize draw. The more you post in the Sport forum, the more times you will be entered; boosting your chances of winning a prize.

The winner will be announced the next day everyday (except on a weekend, 3 winners will be announced on Monday for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday).

What do you need to do if you win?

Nothing! We'll contact you and arrange the delivery of the prize. :smile:

Prizes:

Here is a list of prizes you could win:

Fitness Kit

Speakers

Frozen on DVD

Skull Candy Headphones

Topman/Topshop voucher

Cadbury's Treasure Box

Student Cookbook

Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

Cinema Voucher

Terms and conditions:

All prizes must be claimed within 14 days.

Posts must be constructive.

We do not allow spam posting.

All posts have to abide by the community guidelines that have been set. If you are unsure of the CG click here!

If you create a post as an “anonymous” user, this post will not be counted towards your daily total of posts.

If your post has been reported or has been warned, this post will not be counted towards your daily total of posts.

If you delete your post this post will not be counted towards your daily total of posts.

This also is a dedicated thread for discussion around the prize draw, In this thread you can see results from each day and a create a few discussions (congratulate the winner and talk about your prizes!).

That sounds fair enough.
Original post by Vanny17
That sounds fair enough.

Glad to know i have your approval.

Nice to see you bumping all the sport threads up at 4:30am as well.

No need to sleep?
dire wolf
no need to respond

Posting that thread was not quite the idea we had in mind. We want things to be either be new threads about sports or posting in the other threads about Sports.

Glad to see you getting involved though. :smile:

How about answering if you think female tennis players should get paid the same amount males do?