The Student Room Group

Hangover Cures!!!

Obviously im suffering a bit this morning after receiving results yesterday :smile: My cousin always suggested as soon as i get in drink a pint or 2 of water. I feel this works but it only stops or reduces the headache i will have in morning. So what are everyones tips? ps couldnt find another thread hence i started one!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Go eat a FIT cheese and bacon toastie the next morning (as i did this morning!)!! And before you go to bed as well as drinking water try and eat something preferably involving carbs.
Drink a pint of Gingerbeer, works all the time for me...or a couple drinks of coke.
Reply 3
oo ginger beer sounds good, i like that to :smile:
Reply 4
Just remembered my boyfs; drink a choc milkshake, duno why it works but it does for him.

He is coming back from holiday on sunday and as he will have the worst hangover ever i suspect i have already bought a milkshake and am currently refridgerating it to take to the airport! (how cute am i??!!)
My results day was a complete washout. Didn't really celebrate at all. :frown: Good results, but no celebration.
Reply 6
Prevention, rather than cure. Drink tap water when you're out; keeping yourself hydrated and quenched is always a good idea. Similarly, water before bed. More water when you wake, and get something solid into you. Weetabix works with me, and honey on toast is my miracle worker.

Works for me, and I felt groggy only for a few mins after getting up this morning.
Reply 7
irn bru and paracetamol in the morning
Reply 8
lots of dry bread and lemonade works for me...
beach_surf_babe
My results day was a complete washout. Didn't really celebrate at all. :frown: Good results, but no celebration.

Why not, if I may ask...
drink 2 pints of milk be4 u go out, which lines up your stomach, then when you come in drink 2 pints of water...and you'll be fine
Reply 11
Make some pitta bread when you get in and have it before you go to bed. Nothing like getting a bit of stodge in you to stop a hangover the next day!
Reply 12
I heard the milk thing before actually lining your stomach, mate says yoghurt does the same thing. Find it hard to believe somewhat though.
Reply 13
Pint of water and paracetemol before bed always works.
Reply 14
^how would paracetemol affect how you feel in the morning if you take it before bed? They wear off after 4 hours.

There is no cure for a hangover apart from paracetemol in the morning. The body has lost a relatively high amount of water which cannot be replaced in the morning when the toxins/alcohol is still present in your system and inhibiting ADH production. There are ways to prevent the hangover ; which is drinking water IN BETWEEN drinks; I tried this once and had loads of drinks including brandy and vodka's(mixed = very nice drink) and was completely fine in the morning.
Reply 15
All these 'drink aload of milk/water' and the other ones are all myths. Fact is, you did drugs, so now pay the price.

Fizzy tablet and a class of water.
Original post by G&#949
Why not, if I may ask...

I don't know...just didn't happen. Would have loved to have a proper celebration though. Feel really down and not sure why.
beach_surf_babe
I don't know...just didn't happen. Would have loved to have a proper celebration though. Feel really down and not sure why.

I felt exactly the same, hence why I asked. Got into the uni I wanted to get into, happy and all, but not enough to go and get pissed or whatever...
Reply 18
Tim Kabel
^how would paracetemol affect how you feel in the morning if you take it before bed? They wear off after 4 hours.

There is no cure for a hangover apart from paracetemol in the morning. The body has lost a relatively high amount of water which cannot be replaced in the morning when the toxins/alcohol is still present in your system and inhibiting ADH production. There are ways to prevent the hangover ; which is drinking water IN BETWEEN drinks; I tried this once and had loads of drinks including brandy and vodka's(mixed = very nice drink) and was completely fine in the morning.

Oh it really does work. It prevents the overhang.
Reply 19
1 paracetamol for the headache and a travel-sick pill for the strange churning sensation in ya stomach with a large glass of water or two, works wonders for me!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending