The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ellewoods
It's rare, but people with 2:2s do sometimes get good TCs because they've come to a firms' attention via some other route ie by giving a presentation at the Law Fair or something, and their skills are noticed. (as demonstrated by the guy that Lewis talked about in an earlier post)
Lucky I'm all set isn't it :wink: :rolleyes:

Yeah but come on, he put together a stupid event, thats hardly requires that much skill as other extra-curriculars demand.
Basically he got a tc because he scratched their back and now in return they are proper, full-on scratching his back now!
Superdillon I try to hate you so much but I usually end up giggling at you :p: :rolleyes:

Lewis yes I think I want to be a family laywer.
I've just graduated my LLB, am about to do the LPC and have a TC lined up at a great firm, so to be honest, I am pretty open minded at this stage ... I'm going to see what I enjoy on the LPC, and then see what seats are available during my TC, and see what I then enjoy.
I don't think I can say a definate "yes" until I've experienced the seats, as things are so often different to what you imagine they would be. But I went into law wanting to be a family lawyer, and the motivation and attraction to that area is still there :smile:

How about you guys, any thoughts at this stage?
OK, firstly the event wasnt stupid as slaughters paid thousands for us all to drink and eat for free! and I think it was from the convos he had with the partners and stuff that really impressed them throughout the night!

career wise im into "commercial" type work, its what interests me most academically and stuff like that. department wise im pretty open minded, i read about them and stuff and have ones id like to do seats in, but up until i have done seats in different stuff i wont be able to make a decision.
ellewoods
Superdillon I try to hate you so much but I usually end up giggling at you :p: :rolleyes:

Many women have said the same thing Ellewoods:wink:
Lewis-HuStuJCR
career wise im into "commercial" type work, its what interests me most academically and stuff like that. department wise im pretty open minded, i read about them and stuff and have ones id like to do seats in, but up until i have done seats in different stuff i wont be able to make a decision.

That's pretty much the same though process as I've had - academically I enjoyed the family modules, and I think my attributes would suit being a family lawyer.
I think if we charge into our seats with our decisions already made, we won't make the most of a seat which we don't *think* we want to be in long term, and might miss out, so overall I think our approaches are pretty cool.
oh ... a "player" are we? mr lover lover
Lewis-HuStuJCR
OK, firstly the event wasnt stupid as slaughters paid thousands for us all to drink and eat for free! and I think it was from the convos he had with the partners and stuff that really impressed them throughout the night!

Nah, you've got it all wrong Lewisy-boy. Your interpreting these events the wrong way. Those partners were only pretending to have a conversation with him, they were really there for the food and drinks, c'mon you know that much right?
Well why make him an offer then? Something must have impressed them.
Lewis-HuStuJCR
Well why make him an offer then? Something must have impressed them.

I would love to know the exact, uncensored reasons why a law firm chooses someone.
I wonder what were the reasons for me...?!
id defo like to be a grad rec partner one day cos it would be class to learn all this stuff years on.
Lewis-HuStuJCR
id defo like to be a grad rec partner one day cos it would be class to learn all this stuff years on.

Ooh me too! Possible future career move there :wink:
its not really a career move, but you get to do class stuff on the side ... such as play a character in a set up client pitch or soemthing, that would be so much fun in amongst the day to day work of being a partner! if we get there.
Lewis-HuStuJCR
if we get there.

When we get there :wink: Have a little faith :suith:
I'd like to be head undergraduate admissions tutor for Law at top university :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending