The Student Room Group

Is she interested or am I wasting my time?

Met a girl through work and tried to arrange to meet up outside of work so we could get to know each other, while she seems keen when messaging, once arranging to meet up, 2/3 times now she has bailed in the last minute.

After the last time I messaged her basically saying 'Meeting up to get to know each other is proving to be hard work lol, maybe we are not on the same wavelength. Could have just said you were not interested, no biggie! See ya around' as it basically felt like I was the one chasing and i wanted to know what the deal is.

She replied with 'Its not that I'm not interested. There is personal family stuff going on at the moment that has got me down. And today im genuinly ill in bed with a sore throat.'

Off course that made me then feel like an idiot so i just messaged back along the lines of 'thats cool just could have said earlier so I didnt wait around for u. My family life isn't the best at the moment either! Let me know if you need someone to talk. Otherwise whenever you're ready...as I would like to get to know u better but u can be hard to read over messages!'

Is she just brushing me off in a polite way? We only see each other very VERY rarely through work which is why I have been trying to get us to go out on a date basically and see how we get on doing something fun but it hasn't happened yet.

Shall I just give her space and let her do her thing and contact me next? I always feel like I should try and surprise her with a random visit or msg asking if she wants to meet up on xxx day or week but I guess it hasn't got me anywhere so far ha :frown:
I wouldn't bother with her anymore myself, but I have little/no patience with people like that. It's incredibly rude and I have no interest in incredibly rude people.

If you're still willing to give it a try, at least let her contact you. If she does, all good. If not, you haven't wasted any more of your own time.
It's possible that she really has something going on at the moment.

When it happens to me I usually just stop asking her out, and wait for her to ask instead.

If she is interested, she will ask, and then you will definitely know she is interested.

If she is not interested, she won't, and you also won't have wasted any more energy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending