The Student Room Group

Thoughts on the OCR PE A2 exam on the 09/06/2014?

Hi i sat this exam! Just wondered what everyones thoughts were?
Original post by hannahcullenn
Hi i sat this exam! Just wondered what everyones thoughts were?

I sat it too and I wad happy about it actually. Pleased football came up on historical studies. Thought exercise phys 20mark questions was different

How did you find it??
Generally what sort of structure did you put for exc phys 20 marker? and what included in it
Original post by benberry123
Generally what sort of structure did you put for exc phys 20 marker? and what included in it

I wrote about the data that was given then went on to talk about epoc and alactacid/lactacid components .
Forgot to do warm up cool down :/

Wby??
Original post by hannnahhh:)
I wrote about the data that was given then went on to talk about epoc and alactacid/lactacid components .
Forgot to do warm up cool down :/

Wby??

yeah same really, just never had done a 20 marker like that before....with the suggestions how the coach could improve performance and recovery I went on to talk about carbo loading so increase glycogen stores and interval training to increase LA threshold but I was unsure if its relevant or not
yeah same really, just never had done a 20 marker like that before....with the suggestions how the coach could improve performance and recovery I went on to talk about carbo loading so increase glycogen stores and interval training to increase LA threshold but I was unsure if its relevant or not

Yeah think I should have added that stuff in , oh well hopefully got majority of marks . What you think of attitudes question??
Yeah think I should have added that stuff in , oh well hopefully got majority of marks . What you think of attitudes question??

mm yeah was too much of a broad question! did not mind it at all really, talked about ABC model and applied it to health for the first half then just spoke about attitude change eg, role models, cog dissonance, PR

I didnt enjoy a few of the smaller questions on exc phs though.....ended up writing a page for the 6 marker on energy systems as didnt know what they were looking for exactly!
mm yeah was too much of a broad question! did not mind it at all really, talked about ABC model and applied it to health for the first half then just spoke about attitude change eg, role models, cog dissonance, PR

I didnt enjoy a few of the smaller questions on exc phs though.....ended up writing a page for the 6 marker on energy systems as didnt know what they were looking for exactly!

I spoke about all that too on attitudes . Could write a lot but it's knowing what the examiner wants. And yeah the first was a bit weird but think I got the one about cooking aids and what was the third one??
I spoke about all that too on attitudes . Could write a lot but it's knowing what the examiner wants. And yeah the first was a bit weird but think I got the one about cooking aids and what was the third one??

Mehhh, think I only got a few marks on that, wasn't expecting anything ergogenics wise to come up! the other one was 4 marker on what energy system to use with diff levels of O2 and food fuel....took me a while to understand it but was simple when got my head around it
Just hope grade boundaries drop slightly this year!
do you think I would get any marks for getting the advantages and disadvantages mixed up for personality profiling? what questions do you believe were the most challenging? cooling aids what would a mark scheme answer be? anybody predictions of grade boundaries? how did people feel about the comparative studies essay (Rugby Union and American Football)?
Reply 10
Does anyone have access to an unofficial mark scheme for e OCR PE exam?
Reply 11
Sitting the exam this year and was wondering if any of you can remember any of the questions from last year? Would be really helpful thanks!
Original post by Aodhan95
Sitting the exam this year and was wondering if any of you can remember any of the questions from last year? Would be really helpful thanks!

I didn't sit it but I had a copy of the paper which i foolishly gave away. 20 markers for history and psychology were about Rationalisation of football and attitudes, which are pretty good imo.

I have a strong feeling that a programme will be the 20 marker in physiology as it hasn't been one for the past 2 papers
Reply 13
thank u!! just trying to narrow it down so i know what to focus on kinda, if any of the other questions come back to you please le me know, cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest