The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Stuying İn England ...

I must be studying in England . But what is first step .Can you help me guys ..What ı should to be ?
Reply 1
As an international student who has been struggling to get into UK universities and finally got a place at the University of Manchester:
First you should get the IELTS or the TOEFL. These tests are meant to assess your proficiency in English: if you're not fluent, take private classes and study for the exam, learn all the tricks and be aware the recurring patterns. You'll master the language when you get to the Uk.
Secondly, you should check the requirements of the university you want to get into. There will probably be a minimum score for the exam you will have taken in your country.
Thirdly, you should sign up to UCAS (www.ucas.ac.uk). Through this system, you will be able to send your application to five universities. Choose them carefully: the one you would love to get into, a couple of good ones and a couple of "insurance choices" (but not crap ones). If you're not confident with your English, hire a tutor to help you out with your personal statement (google "tutor personal statement UCAS"). Even if you're confident with your English, do it anyway: British students have been taught how to present themselves to UK universities, you haven't. If you're completely clueless about the application process, being in contact with a tutor is probably your best bet.
The deadline for the application is in January, so you'd better get the score of your English for foreign students test and the reference letter required by the UCAS form by then. It doesn't matter if you'll get your country's secondary education leaving certificate in June or so: you'll just provide the universities with the expected results.
Keep in mind that if you're not from a EU country - your name doesn't sound European - it will cost you quite a lot, so always check the tuition fees. Last thing: spend a lot of time browsing various universities' websites and, if something is not clear to you, contact their admission offices.

Best luck
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Have you seen the applying to uni section of our wiki? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=3049-applying-to-uni
in fact, I'm European .İstanbul in a european land :biggrin: kidding. I am living Turkey . Thank you all them ... it is very clear for me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending