The Student Room Group

AQA C3 June 2014 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fraser ritchie xo
Estimated grade boundaries?

Personally, I think it's gonna be pretty standard. Not too easy, not too hard. 60 for an A and 69 for an A*
Reply 21
Original post by charak05
y0 and yn were both 0. Don't remember the other numbers though

0.2Pi does not come out as 0.
Reply 22
y0 and yn were both 0. Don't remember the other numbers though

NOOOO. i did the wrong amount of ordinates...
Reply 23
Original post by SeanTheHorse
Definitely left my calc in degrees for q1. :frown: how many marks will I lose for this? Also for question 5c ii) I also got x values that weren't in the domain but didn't reject them :/. Ah well other than that I agree with this scheme.

yeah i did the same i didnt reject the values how many marks do you think we'll get out of 4 marks ???
Original post by AstusUK
0.2Pi does not come out as 0.

It was 0^(1/2)*sin(0). 0*0=0 :smile:
Reply 25
I think the grade boundaries will be standard too.. im thinking.. 69A* 60A 52B 46A 40D 35E
Could someone draw the graphs please?
Original post by MudassarrQJ
Could someone draw the graphs please?

They were supposed to look like this. Although I just found out I did the second one wrong in the exam :angry:
c33.jpg
for 8c), I got the angle to be 50.2645 degrees, so rounded to 50. Unsure whether it is you or I that has made the rounding error or rounded too early (probably me!). I agree with your other answers though.
for the question when you had to state the coordinates after the transformation, the y value stayed the same right? I think it was -3?
Original post by junaid95
for the question when you had to state the coordinates after the transformation, the y value stayed the same right? I think it was -3?

I believe that that's correct
For the transformation could you also do (-2,0) translation followed by stretch s.f.1/2 in x?
Hi, what do you mean 69% for an A*. My maths teacher told me class that you needed 90% average across PC3 and PC4 to get an A*?
Reply 33
They were supposed to look like this. Although I just found out I did the second one wrong in the exam :angry:
c33.jpg

the second graph you've drawn is wrong the right hand side of the graph is reflected in the left hand side about the y axis...right???
ugh, lost at least 7 marks on question 4 alone, there goes my a*... probably around 62/75 overall. :/ Is this likely to be an A? I need to know whether i can still get an a* in maths overall, i.e. whether i should bother for c4, because i'm guaranteed an A already so if I can't get a*, no point trying c4.
Can someone please draw what the cobweb/ staircase diagram would look like. My looked very weird :s
Original post by ariamuh
the second graph you've drawn is wrong the right hand side of the graph is reflected in the left hand side about the y axis...right???

Yep. I've spoken to a few people about this question so I'm pretty sure the drawing is correct now.
Original post by James1405
Hi, what do you mean 69% for an A*. My maths teacher told me class that you needed 90% average across PC3 and PC4 to get an A*?

No, 69 raw marks out of 75. 92% raw = 90% UMS is what we are guessing. You do indeed need an average of 90% UMS in Core 3 and 4. :smile:
Reply 38
im sure its not because ive went back to the textbook to check and its reflected in the y axis only
agree with all the answers:

in the exam i had said that my translation was (-2, 0) after the stretch, thus i had a co-ordinate of (0,-3)

and i dont remember putting the 160 down as my final answer but i had included 159.5 for the line above

do you think these errors would lead me to lose 3 or 4 marks?

Quick Reply

Latest