The Student Room Group

CCEA AS1 Physics (11th June)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by sheaquinn
i myself would never dream of losing a mark. I think my 100ums streak will live on in the history of physics.

posted from tsr mobile

100/111 ums? :tongue:
Original post by sean1234321
Same realistically if you don't get all the answers right in each question you don't deserve marks so ecf is stupid anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, I'm just delighted at how poor physics candidates are across N.Ireland. If that is the sort of mistakes made in an AS/KS3 physics 1 paper, I treasure the problems AS2 will bring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheaquinn
I agree, I'm just delighted at how poor physics candidates are across N.Ireland. If that is the sort of mistakes made in an AS/KS3 physics 1 paper, I treasure the problems AS2 will bring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You love your life, don't you? I can just imagine all that success.
Original post by Frank the Tankk
Didn't have a clue how to do this question :s hoping for a mark for 2.91(0.88)...got desperate haha. Did you have to find the energy for the first part with 2.91N as the opposing force times 3.89m then add the energy for the 2.9(0.88) times the remaining 3m?

Yep, that's exactly how I did it! :biggrin: Except I've realised I actually got a force of 2.79N! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jay-dawg
Yep, that's exactly how I did it! :biggrin: Except I've realised I actually got a force of 2.79N! :smile:

Well unfortunately that's not how I did it during the exam hahaha...this always happens to me :Z
For that I wrote the most stupid **** ever. Kinetic Energy = Force x Distance and then using the value in the question I said that the value from the Q = force x the distance in the question and then rearranged to get the force, and got 2. something. In the next part I didn't write nothing ;c
Are you sure it wasn't 2.71 for resistive force

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 88

Posted from TSR Mobile

With all due respect, you nor anybody has the authority to pass judgement on the performance or knowledge of any other candidate. While you may look down on others' mistakes, we are not perfect, there are going to be points in our academic careers where we just make mistakes. Exams can do this to people, while they may be mathematical capable ordinarily, the stress and the occasion may overwhelm them, leading to 'silly' mistakes.

You also naively assume that the views of those on TSR are representative of the general candidature. Posting on TSR is completely self-selecting. A sizeable percentage of the people posting here may be insecure about their performance in this exam and/or their academia in general, for those people your ignorant, arrogant and demeaning remarks are just abhorrent.

Anyway, end of rant, perhaps in the future try and help or console instead of making some individuals feel crap about themselves.

P.S. AS2 is a completely different unit, requiring much more recalling of facts and much less mathematics, something that may suit the people you are having a go at, much more.
Regardless, I wish you well in AS2 and hope your confidence pays off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pride comes before a fall mate and by the looks of things you may think your class at physics but thats going to get you nowhere in life if you cant keep daft opinions to yourself
Guys no offence was implied, that post was a complete piss take. I myself did not come close to 100UMS and was just trying to pose a smart comment! Apologies, i take back what i said :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys no offence was implied, that post was a complete piss take. I myself did not come close to 100UMS and was just trying to pose a smart comment! Apologies, i take back what i said :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Successful troll is successful.
Reply 92

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then, my apologies also. It's hard to gauge the seriousness of the comments from the cold face of the computer screen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending