The Student Room Group

Grades AAAc considering an ex-ploy.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wartortle
I checked on google maps, take 1hr and 20 mins.

95 goes straight to the business school, well close enough.

would you recommend the 51?

I haven't travelled that way for some years so I wouldn't know.

Use the official Traveline website and it is saying:

http://www.yorkshiretravel.net/journeyplanner/showJourneyOverview.do?rid=1402422746482&hss=Rt4c1169075613

leave Chesterfield Railway station at 7:49 and get to the stop outside Weston Park Hospital at 8:31 and that is with a Granny speed walk to the bus stop at the station. Leave Chesterfield at 8:03 and you will be there at 8:41 again with 13 minutes to get your bus.
Reply 21
Original post by nulli tertius
I haven't travelled that way for some years so I wouldn't know.

Use the official Traveline website and it is saying:

http://www.yorkshiretravel.net/journeyplanner/showJourneyOverview.do?rid=1402422746482&hss=Rt4c1169075613

leave Chesterfield Railway station at 7:49 and get to the stop outside Weston Park Hospital at 8:31 and that is with a Granny speed walk to the bus stop at the station. Leave Chesterfield at 8:03 and you will be there at 8:41 again with 13 minutes to get your bus.

Thank you. Living in a small town like chesterfield, i am useless at using public transport.
Is western park hospital where you get the 51.
Original post by wartortle
Thank you. Living in a small town like chesterfield, i am useless at using public transport.
Is western park hospital where you get the 51.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3818465,-1.496065,17z

You can see the bus stop outside the hospital and the management school is at the top of Northumberland Road.

You can save yourself a short walk going home by catching a bus outside the management school, but when you are going home you can catch any bus going into town. The key thing is that the 51 is a reliable and frequent service to get you out there for your lectures.

I would go to Sheffield but I would have to say in Hallam's defence that there is virtually nothing in it in terms of employability for business and management.
Original post by nulli tertius
Surely you get a train to Sheffield and the 51 bus along the A57 and then walk up to the business school. I can't believe that is taking you 90 minutes from Chesterfield.

Its been a long time since I have been along there but isn't it full of buses?

The 51 bus! Used to be my bus home from school! It once ran every ten minutes. Don't know if it still does. Happy days.:smile:
Original post by carnationlilyrose
The 51 bus! Used to be my bus home from school! It once ran every ten minutes. Don't know if it still does. Happy days.:smile:

It still does. Unreliably though :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dusky Mauve
It still does. Unreliably though :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good to know things don't change in 40 years....:redface:
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Good to know things don't change in 40 years....:redface:

Ahaa, they've just done a '100 years of the 51 bus service' promotion thing :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dusky Mauve
Ahaa, they've just done a '100 years of the 51 bus service' promotion thing :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? I didn't use it quite that long.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending