The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Physics 10th June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
does anyone know what the grade boundaries were last year?
Reply 81
Original post by surya123
Where do you reckon the grade boundary for A* will be? I think around 60%...

That would be pretty awesome :P
Original post by ohboyimscrewed
Nope correct. LESS demand during night time. LOWER costs, most night time demand is from suppliers and business. They want to pay less money for energy so they can reduce costs.

HIGHER demand during the day. HIGHER costs, consumers primarily use the energy generated in the day which is important as the mechanism is designed to store the majority of energy over night and then release a lot quickly during the day time during high demand.

This whole method reduces costs for the water supplier as well. And that is pretty much the crux of the biscuit.

thanks :smile: what was the answer to that transformer question?
Reply 84
everyone came out of this exam and said that it was the hardest one yet....i left out the calculation at the end of the paper cos i didn't think you needed to do SUVAT and couldnt find an equation at the front of the booklet:frown: also the comets question i completely blanked and the 1st 6 marker :/
Original post by Clarinet
Usually around 45-50

Was the paper out of 80?
and what was a C last year?
do you think it will go down?
Original post by Rtob1997
Was the paper out of 80?
and what was a C last year?
do you think it will go down?

C last year was 22/75 in P123 and 25/85 in P456 with 29/48 in coursework

I think it will probably stay around the same

Full grade boundaries here (pg. 52): http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-june-2013.pdf
Reply 87
Original post by Qaiys
IT WAS AWFUL YOU GUYS. I hate the stupid physics equations and I kept on getting all the units messed up, like in the kettle one and power stations one, which I got 917J for -___________-

Yep I hated it swell just hope I've not done too badly :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by ghlgb
Velocity, so 15 :smile:

15 x 15
---------
2g
I thought the kinetic energy was 15 but I don't know so confused now what did people get for the power station one
Reply 89
For the last few years the grade boundaries have been 46/75 for an A*
Original post by ellaKrives
thanks :smile: what was the answer to that transformer question?

I said they're step up transformers which increase voltage and therefor lower current to reduce energy loss
Original post by Qaiys
I said they're step up transformers which increase voltage and therefor lower current to reduce energy loss

I put this too yaya! :smile:
h=v22gh=\frac{v^2}{2g}

Correct?
Original post by SCIENCE :D
I put this too yaya! :smile:

The rush of relief when someone else has the same answer hahah :P

Original post by robzwolf
h=v22gh=\frac{v^2}{2g}

Correct?

That's what I used and what most people seemed to use.
Reply 94
Original post by Qaiys
The rush of relief when someone else has the same answer hahah :P

That's what I used and what most people seemed to use.

But we weren't given the velocity just the kinetic energy and they aren't the same no ?
Original post by Ellisr
But we weren't given the velocity just the kinetic energy and they aren't the same no ?

We were given 15m/s, I used that as velocity.
for the height question i got 22.5m, which is twice most peoples answer, i was very confused as what to do, so i guessed really, I assumed acceleration was uniformal and i thought the fall lasted 3 seconds as 0.5kg * 10N/kg * time = 15 and so time must be 3, and then i used the equation s= (u+v/2)*t which was s= (0 + 15/2)* 3 which is 22.5m, would i get any marks for that ?
Reply 97
Yeaaah i got 75m so im screwed -_-
Original post by elliot785
for the height question i got 22.5m, which is twice most peoples answer, i was very confused as what to do, so i guessed really, I assumed acceleration was uniformal and i thought the fall lasted 3 seconds as 0.5kg * 10N/kg * time = 15 and so time must be 3, and then i used the equation s= (u+v/2)*t which was s= (0 + 15/2)* 3 which is 22.5m, would i get any marks for that ?

I really have no idea, was it two or three marks? You'd probably get one I guess, really don't know, not that many marks anyway so not a big deal :P

Original post by tomm_r
Yeaaah i got 75m so im screwed -_-

Hahaa, you might have got some marks for working? :P
Reply 99
Original post by Qaiys
I really have no idea, was it two or three marks? You'd probably get one I guess, really don't know, not that many marks anyway so not a big deal :P

Hahaa, you might have got some marks for working? :P

haha doubt that very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending