The Student Room Group

Sunday 6th July 2014 IB Results official discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by anuj999
Are you all sure that it is on 6th July?? and not 5th July?

Do let me know.

My school is releasing the results to us tomorrow! Ahh terrifying. I think it's up to them whether you get them earlier or not.
Reply 21
Original post by Dianas
My school is releasing the results to us tomorrow! Ahh terrifying. I think it's up to them whether you get them earlier or not.

Same here! We were told the results are going to be published for us at 10 am on saturday - which is today! Completely freaking out and curious at the same time!

What subjects are you most afraid of? I'm just soo nervous to see how I did on my Visual Arts course...
IB Coordinators all have access to the results tomorrow (the 5th) but whether or not they disclose them to you is at their discretion. Mine isn't going to so I'll be waiting until Sunday as will most, I think?
I need 38 with 766 HL for Psychology at Bath and the more I think about it the more I'm convinced I'm going to get 36 or less. Ahhh good luck guys! Especially those who'll get them tomorrow, let us know.
Good luck to those of you receiving your results this weekend! I was in your position last year. IB is a real challenge but it really is worth it coming out the other side. Wishing you all the best!
(edited 9 years ago)
24 hours to go :s-smilie:

Feeling strangely (or rather, blindly) optimistic
Reply 25
Anyone get them yet?
ahhh results tomorrow for me! Feeling sick to the stomach :O
Reply 27
Whoops, I guess I'm going to see them tomorrow :/ I have no idea why did our teacher say something else. Everywhere I can see (including the candidates site) that the official date is sunday 6 july 13:30 GMT, although my school emailed some time ago all of my friends with todays date at 10 am. It must have been a mistake.

Still stressed out!
Original post by Radziok
Whoops, I guess I'm going to see them tomorrow :/ I have no idea why did our teacher say something else. Everywhere I can see (including the candidates site) that the official date is sunday 6 july 13:30 GMT, although my school emailed some time ago all of my friends with todays date at 10 am. It must have been a mistake.

Still stressed out!

No your IBC has them now and could give them to you if you call/go into school
I didn't do IB but my friend did and she is going to get them at 3.30pm today! I'm so nervous for her, she's convinced she has failed... I don't think so though. I've been at her house most of the day watching movies to try to make her less nervous! Good luck to you all this weekend though
Said friend got 28 :frown: she needed 34 for her firm and 32 insurance for Pharmacy and she got a 4 in chem do it looks like either resits or A-Levels. So so gutted for her. Even everyone else, who were supposed to get 35+ didn't do as well. One got a 3 in physics when hr was predicted 6-7, another got 33 points when he was predicted 40+. Such a shame, so unfortunate for them, they all worked so hard!
Original post by Paralove
Said friend got 28 :frown: she needed 34 for her firm and 32 insurance for Pharmacy and she got a 4 in chem do it looks like either resits or A-Levels. So so gutted for her. Even everyone else, who were supposed to get 35+ didn't do as well. One got a 3 in physics when hr was predicted 6-7, another got 33 points when he was predicted 40+. Such a shame, so unfortunate for them, they all worked so hard!

Are they a new IB school ? That often happens with inexperienced schools
Reply 32
I'm just sitting in my room, blasting music to drown out the panic which is building up about results tomorrow. My requirements are quite low (diploma awarded and pass in math, english B and swedish A), but I'm so SO afraid I'll get a 2 in Math HL :frown:

May the IBO be ever in our favour.
Original post by Marhju
I'm just sitting in my room, blasting music to drown out the panic which is building up about results tomorrow. My requirements are quite low (diploma awarded and pass in math, english B and swedish A), but I'm so SO afraid I'll get a 2 in Math HL :frown:

May the IBO be ever in our favour.

Good luck to you! :goodluck:
Where is your offer?
Reply 34
Original post by LongLazyDays
Good luck to you! :goodluck:
Where is your offer?

Law at Uppsala University (in Sweden). I had applied to UK unis as well, however, I canceled mu application when I realized my offer requiring 6 in Math HL just wasn't realistic. Also, uni is free in Sweden :wink:
Original post by Marhju
Law at Uppsala University (in Sweden). I had applied to UK unis as well, however, I canceled mu application when I realized my offer requiring 6 in Math HL just wasn't realistic. Also, uni is free in Sweden :wink:

Cool! Hope you obtain your offer! :smile: Yeah, uni is free in Scotland here too so that's where I applied. :biggrin:
Reply 36
Original post by Calllu-m
No your IBC has them now and could give them to you if you call/go into school

I know, I know, but our school is closed on weekends, and what's more - we really got an email informing us, that we should see our grades online today - not by calling or going to school, but via IB's website. But well, maybe our teacher is also a bit stressed and wrote that by mistake :biggrin:
Reply 37
Original post by LongLazyDays
Cool! Hope you obtain your offer! :smile: Yeah, uni is free in Scotland here too so that's where I applied. :biggrin:

I've applied in Scotland too! :biggrin: Where to?
Original post by maita184
I've applied in Scotland too! :biggrin: Where to?

Well hopefully RGU in Aberdeen but I'm waiting for my results!
Where have you applied to? :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Paralove

Wow geez, thanks for posting such a negative story before the results officially come out! I don't think people want to be hearing stories about people missing their predictions by a lot right now! I'm sorry to hear about your friend, but I just don't think people want to be reading that right before getting their results!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending