The Student Room Group

Is tinder for real?

I am having one of those ultra bored days so signed up for tinder. I am average looking so expected nothing exciting. Yet apparently I am matched with every guy I swipe right. Is this legit? :colondollar:

Sorry bored. Does no one have any standards on this?:colone:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
I am having one of those ultra bored days so signed up for tinder. I am average looking so expected nothing exciting. Yet apparently I am matched with every guy I swipe right. Is this legit? :colondollar:

The guys tend not to
Original post by hello101010
The guys tend not to

They mustn't ... seriously I thought there was some bug in the app or something. :rolleyes:
'mare.. ofc all the messages are stuff like 'do you like anal sex?' the answer is yes but have some decorum guys :sexface:
Another app stuffed with fake accounts to lure the punters I guess.
Reply 4
I've never known a girl to not be matched with every single guy she swipes right.
Original post by Old_Simon
Another app stuffed with fake accounts to lure the punters I guess.

The really dangerous websites are even full of lunatics trying to flog cheap kitchens in Lancashire.
Reply 6
It's going down, I'm yelling tinderrr!
Original post by eelnais
I've never known a girl to not be matched with every single guy she swipes right.

Fair enough so guys be thirsty then :colondollar:
Reply 8

Very thirsty. :colone:
Don't let your friends "see your matches" though - they'll swipe right on EVERYONE and those guys are just the worst for constant messaging...
Reply 9

Yeah, a lot of my friends swipe right without even looking at the girl. Think they're reasoning is that girls are very picky, so if they're picky too they'll have very limited matches. So instead they say yes to everyone to see who is actually keen for them, before picking from those girls.
Original post by odkfn
Yeah, a lot of my friends swipe right without even looking at the girl. Think they're reasoning is that girls are very picky, so if they're picky too they'll have very limited matches. So instead they say yes to everyone to see who is actually keen for them, before picking from those girls.

Makes sense I guess... Some of the messages are down right awkward though. Good logic though whereas girls can afford to be selective.
If you're a guy resorting to tinder then chances are you aren't looking for the love of your life, so men tend not to be too picky. It's almost an act now ask questions later kind of thing, they'll just swipe right for almost everyone and if anyone matches with them then they decide who they're interested in, because taking the time to look at and judge every girl's profile is more trouble than it's worth given most of them will probably swipe left anyway.
Tinder is great if your female because society has allowed women to have higher standards when selecting a sexual partner. While this effect is amplified on an ordinary dating site where men outnumber women quite vastly the effect is at an even higher amplitude on Tinder where initially you have little to go off but a picture versus a dating site which may have a large profile.
Reply 13
What is your criteria for guys? I mean, what is good looking to you?

I swipe right maybe 10 percent of the time. As a guy. But I don't use it very much: have maybe 30 matches.

Edit: had more than I thought: 47, although I fair number have been since I last went on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lao
What is your criteria for guys? I mean, what is good looking to you?

Tbh I just realised I have a type through tinder so it's useful in that way. Darkish hair, facial hair (and I swoon occasionally at piercings and tattoos)

Original post by LightBlueSoldier
I swipe right maybe 20 percent of the time. As a guy. But I don't use it very much: have maybe 30 matches.

Edit: had more than I thought: 47

Posted from TSR Mobile

The guys near me must just be plain thirsty then. :/ I don't even want random hook ups tbh but just wanted to see what the fuss was.
Reply 16
Original post by Gonzales95
If you're a guy resorting to tinder then chances are you aren't looking for the love of your life, so men tend not to be too picky. It's almost an act now ask questions later kind of thing, they'll just swipe right for almost everyone and if anyone matches with them then they decide who they're interested in, because taking the time to look at and judge every girl's profile is more trouble than it's worth given most of them will probably swipe left anyway.

What if tinder is your last resort? Some guys (like me) might not be able to find anything close to love without using something as quick as tinder. I'm not saying that guys like me go on and swipe right for everything, that isn't right. Just, if you match with someone, they don't think you are totally horrible, and that avoids you getting your hopes up over nothing... idk
Original post by Lao
What if tinder is your last resort? Some guys (like me) might not be able to find anything close to love without using something as quick as tinder. I'm not saying that guys like me go on and swipe right for everything, that isn't right. Just, if you match with someone, they don't think you are totally horrible, and that avoids you getting your hopes up over nothing... idk

That's why men swipe right a lot more than women - The fact that the woman swiped right means that they at least liked something about you so there's a start right there. Not saying there's anything wrong with Tinder, go ahead and use it.
The aim of the game is for a guy is to keep swiping right and just seeing what comes in. Makes me laugh when some lads are picky as if they're in a position where they have a choice.

But yeah, I joined about 2 months ago and got lucky on day 6. Just simply don't be an ugly loser and you'll have luck.
Original post by VivaJake
. Makes me laugh when some lads are picky as if they're in a position where they have a choice.

Well some do have a choice. That's the way the world works.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending