The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Think I might give it a go :colonhash: Though most of my experience is school-related and I heard they prefer experience in other sectors. We'll see... Good luck!
I'm planning to apply. I probably won't submit my application until later in the summer, though, as I've got an education-related internship which I'd like to be most of the way through first. I'm going to a Teach First application workshop at my uni on Thursday evening, which should be interesting.

Spoiler

Reply 3
I'm also going to apply for Teach First! Really can't wait to get my application in :biggrin:
I'm applying! Started filling out the easy bits of the application form but I'm already stuck on my university modules, because my course isn't really structured in a modular fashion.
Reply 5
Original post by riotgrrl
I'm applying! Started filling out the easy bits of the application form but I'm already stuck on my university modules, because my course isn't really structured in a modular fashion.

How is your course structured?
Reply 6
The thing is I registered last year but never completed/submitted my application form.. not sure if that will put me in bad stead.
Original post by mel0n
The thing is I registered last year but never completed/submitted my application form.. not sure if that will put me in bad stead.

I doubt that they would go through and check for that, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

What are you all doing at the moment? Still at university, or doing something exciting with your lives? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by anyone_can_fly
I doubt that they would go through and check for that, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

What are you all doing at the moment? Still at university, or doing something exciting with your lives? :smile:

I received an email a few weeks ago from Teach First about something, and it started off with 'since you didn't complete the application last year...' or something along those lines lol.

I'm volunteering :ninja: you?
Original post by mel0n
I received an email a few weeks ago from Teach First about something, and it started off with 'since you didn't complete the application last year...' or something along those lines lol.

I'm volunteering :ninja: you?

I'll be starting my last year of uni in the autumn. If I do get on to Teach First, I'd be a ridiculously young teacher - I only left school two years ago. :ninja:
Reply 10
Original post by anyone_can_fly
I'll be starting my last year of uni in the autumn. If I do get on to Teach First, I'd be a ridiculously young teacher - I only left school two years ago. :ninja:

Most of the people on it are pretty young.. I left a year ago. I don't know yet whether I'm going to go through with the application or not :colonhash: you defo applying? And what subject/age?
Original post by mel0n
Most of the people on it are pretty young.. I left a year ago. I don't know yet whether I'm going to go through with the application or not :colonhash: you defo applying? And what subject/age?

What other things are you thinking of doing? I'm pretty sure, yes - though it does sound incredibly tough. Secondary maths, you?
Original post by mel0n
How is your course structured?

In big chunks, so we have exams part way through second year, and then at the end of fourth year. I'm guessing I probably just take some of the exam grades I got in second year and put them in the box for first year? I'm not sure about what to do for this year though, except maybe claim I'm getting 2.1s when I actually have no idea. Nothing I've done this year has been graded.
The application is pretty tough...an indication of what we should expect from the two years?!
Reply 14
I'm applying for Teach First for 2015!

However, I've already encountered a problem and I'm only at the 'degree history' section. I have just finished the second year of my degree, and I'm still awaiting some results back for certain modules (I should receive my results on the 30th of June) and obviously, I have no results for year 3 since I haven't started it yet. My modules for year 3 haven't even been confirmed yet.

How did everyone else fill this in? Should I put down a realistic prediction for those modules, and an overall prediction for year 3?
Original post by susan94
I'm applying for Teach First for 2015!

However, I've already encountered a problem and I'm only at the 'degree history' section. I have just finished the second year of my degree, and I'm still awaiting some results back for certain modules (I should receive my results on the 30th of June) and obviously, I have no results for year 3 since I haven't started it yet. My modules for year 3 haven't even been confirmed yet.

How did everyone else fill this in? Should I put down a realistic prediction for those modules, and an overall prediction for year 3?

I'm just putting down a rough idea of what my modules are and then my overall grade prediction - as long as you actually achieve your minimum of a 2:1 then you'll be fine :smile:
Just incase anyone needs any tips, I found this link earlier!!

http://targetjobs.co.uk/employer-hubs/teach-first/323337-approaches-and-strategies-for-answering-the-teach-first-application-form-questions

Just finished my application :happy2: not submitting it until Monday when I get my second year results!
Original post by JessDola92
Just incase anyone needs any tips, I found this link earlier!!

http://targetjobs.co.uk/employer-hubs/teach-first/323337-approaches-and-strategies-for-answering-the-teach-first-application-form-questions

Just finished my application :happy2: not submitting it until Monday when I get my second year results!

That's incredibly quick! Thanks for the link. :grin:
Reply 18
Hullo! Just a heads up -- I went to a launch event this week & they recommended we don't submit our application until one of their grad recruitment officers has had a chance to get in touch, so they can give guidance on making the most of experience etc. in the application.

(I'm a few years out of uni, hoping for Secondary English.)
Reply 19
Do the grad recruiters automatically contact everyone who has registered and started an application?

It's just that I'd like to submit my application within the next week, because I'm going abroad in July and August and would like to know if I got through to the AC before that.

Latest