The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Accommodation for returning students?! (particularly wanting info on Ravenstones)

Hi guys! Been a few years since I last came on here :biggrin:

I'm going to be returning this September to finish off my second year after taking a leave of absence halfway through my second year in spring 2013. The few people I know who are returning to uni next year have already gotten their accommodation sorted - so I'm wondering what people's experiences of returning to accommodation is like?

I lived in Ranmoor for the two years I was at uni (worked as a mentor in my second year) and loved it for the most part. I heard that Ravenstones is mostly for PG/returning students, does anyone know what the rooms/flat are like there (how many people in each flat, how spacious/how much storage do the kitchens have, etc)? Are there any good options you know of?

I vaguely considered Aspect 3, but it's had a lot of bad reviews from what little I've managed to read and isn't in the nicest of areas. Does anyone know what Aspect 3 is like or if there are any other decent options?

I've asked if there are any vacancies for the RM programme this year (I haven't received any e-mails about it to my knowledge), but I'm trying to explore all of my options because I'm not optimistic about the answer. Ravenstones is probably going to be the most likely option if the answer from ACS is a no, which is why I'm asking so much about it.

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you guys!
Reply 1
Are you set on university accommodation again, or are you still open to private housing?

I think there's a housemate event coming up really soon, can't quite remember the date. The usual meet and greet sort of event with tea and cake. If it is then it might be worth a try on that. It might have already happened though, not sure as I deleted the e-mail.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
I have a feeling that housemate finder has already happened Nymthae. But I'm in Ravenstones next year. Ravenstones D4 baby!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending