The Student Room Group

Turn Off Best Friends On Snapchat?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
whaaat???? can you elaborate?

I thought this would have been really obvious to people by now!

To start with, it's almost impossible to delete any file off a computer or any sort of digital media. Smart phones these days are pretty much computers, so the same rule applies for them. Rather than the file dissapearing from life, it just becomes hidden, and the computer tells the other programs to just ignore it.

Another blinding clue - Snapchat's magical ability to replay old snaps once a day. How is the program meant to reiew supposedly deleted files? I'm genuinely suprised they added that feature on there, considering Snapchat's already been in a ton of trouble over data protection acts.

Exploiting this, there are a number of third party apps out there that can save Snapchatted images and/or videos to your phone. Alternatively (taken from a newspaper)-

"Hickman says recovering the photos takes about six hours, but that most of that is spent just backing up the phone’s data in the first place. In reality, there’s nothing preventing you from jacking your phone into your computer, finding the folder RECEIVED_IMAGES_SNAPS, transferring the data, and changing the extension manually."

So all you really need is a couple spare time on your hands, a third party software or a computer, and bam - all your friends' nudes come up again.

(Most of these sources are from 2013; the last time Snapchat majorly got into trouble was January 2014 as far as I can recall, so some things may have changed since then. I seriously doubt it though.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by superdarklord
Have you seen the guy that comments on how many 'lashes' OP deserves :biggrin:
That's equally as irritating!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Really really? Wow... I don't even know how to comment on that! :0:tongue:
Original post by joker12345
He's giving you the only options, no need to be rude to him. The simple answer is that you cannot actually turn off best friends. You can delete and re-add, but if you keep snapchatting they'll keep showing up in your best friends, so you'd have to keep doing that.
I actually don't know anyone who's complained about this. If, as you said, all girls send you is topless/hand bra pics, and you always have 3 girls in your best friends, your girlfriend is right to be concerned.

Yeah, if you're sending/receiving loads of nudes from girls when you have a girlfriend it's you're own fault if you get in trouble!
Original post by Another
I thought this would have been really obvious to people by now!

To start with, it's almost impossible to delete any file off a computer or any sort of digital media. Smart phones these days are pretty much computers, so the same rule applies for them. Rather than the file dissapearing from life, it just becomes hidden, and the computer tells the other programs to just ignore it.

Another blinding clue - Snapchat's magical ability to replay old snaps once a day. How is the program meant to reiew supposedly deleted files? I'm genuinely suprised they added that feature on there, considering Snapchat's already been in a ton of trouble over data protection acts.

Exploiting this, there are a number of third party apps out there that can save Snapchatted images and/or videos to your phone. Alternatively (taken from a newspaper)-

"Hickman says recovering the photos takes about six hours, but that most of that is spent just backing up the phone’s data in the first place. In reality, there’s nothing preventing you from jacking your phone into your computer, finding the folder RECEIVED_IMAGES_SNAPS, transferring the data, and changing the extension manually."

So all you really need is a couple spare time on your hands, a third party software or a computer, and bam - all your friends' nudes come up again.

(Most of these sources are from 2013; the last time Snapchat majorly got into trouble was January 2014 as far as I can recall, so some things may have changed since then. I seriously doubt it though.)

wow.

mate im not worried about the nudes people have sent me, im worried about the pics Ive sent.

Snapchar need to sort this out, quick.
Reply 24
Anyone wanna snapchat? Hmm lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by suzannataylor
Yeah, if you're sending/receiving loads of nudes from girls when you have a girlfriend it's you're own fault if you get in trouble!

No, its just something that everyone does. It dont mean im a bad guy. Its just a bit of fun, nothing serious, just couple of pictures here and there, but the problem is the world can see who your snapping, and that just messes things up big time, literally everyone in your contact list. Sheesh.
Firstly- a fair few of my snapchat best friends are women and sadly I am yet to receive a topless snap or hand bra... a little extra innocent cleavage is as much as I got! *sobs*

Secondly- I think you are being a bit paranoid. nobody really sits there stalking people's snapchat mates.

Thirdly- Why are you so shady? Maybe it's something you should change?

Forth- If your GF doesn't trust you for having females as your snap best friends then she has issues and you need to address it with her
Well if you've been sending actually text messages on snapchat all you have to do is click on a few of those messages so they're bold. Then u delete then from ur friends list that way you can talk to them without them being saved on ur favourites.
The new update has removed best friends

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending