The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Looking for accommodation over the summer

Hi guys. I am looking for accommodation in Reading over the summer. I'm an outgoing and sociable 19-year-old male. Looking for something closer to university if possible. Any offers are accepted - a spare room in a shared house, separate rooms, etc.

Edit. Looking to move in ASAP - 15-20 June.

Cheers!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by barzev
Hi guys. I am looking for accommodation in Reading over the summer. I'm an outgoing and sociable 19-year-old male. Looking for something closer to university if possible. Any offers are accepted - a spare room in a shared house, separate rooms, etc.

Edit. Looking to move in ASAP - 15-20 June.

Cheers!

**Phil, the University of Reading representative, is out of the office this week so our student ambassadors Anja and Amy are using this account to reply to threads**

Hiya!
Are you a prospective student? There isn't much that the Uni can do accommodation-wise before term ends (which is Friday, July 4th), but if you are a prospective or current student you can sometimes stay in halls over the summer break. Would that help? Otherwise, it might be worth looking online at housing websites for house shares (like Zoopla, spareroom.co.uk, etc) if you haven't already. It's a tricky time of year to find students to move in with, as most student housing contracts end on June 30th. The Reading University Students' Union (RUSU) has their own estate agency, it might be worth getting in touch with them too! Their website is www.rusulettings.com. I hope that helps a bit!
Anja
English Literature and International Relations
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi! I will be doing an internship over the summer At The University of Reading. I am a current student at University of Sheffield and possess a valid NUS card. Is there any way to book accommodation in your halls starting from 15-16 June - 25-27 September, then?

Thanks!
Original post by barzev
Hi! I will be doing an internship over the summer At The University of Reading. I am a current student at University of Sheffield and possess a valid NUS card. Is there any way to book accommodation in your halls starting from 15-16 June - 25-27 September, then?

Thanks!

**Phil, the University of Reading representative, is out of the office this week so our student ambassadors Anja and Amy are using this account to reply to threads**

Hi again!
It might be worth contacting accommodation at [email protected] and asking if they are able to find you a room over that period. I do think it will be tricky to get you anything before the 4th of July, as term doesn't end until then, but after that there might be something! That being said, it is definitely worth contacting accommodation. Here is the website for people interested in living in halls over the summer: http://www.reading.ac.uk/internal/student/student-community/stay/acc-studentsummervac.aspx
Anja :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks!

Quick Reply