The Student Room Group
Reply 1
well disabled...is something that hinders you from doing somethings, everyday things I would think...i.e. broken legs....temporarily disabled as you can not walk....

???
Reply 2
hmm well i think i definetly meet those criterias. How to register or get confirmed being disabled? Do i visit my GP or do i go to the Local council?
Your doctor would be a good place to start.
Reply 4
if you're temporarily disabled doesn't mean you're classified as disabled.
if you're blind, autistic, deaf, dumb, wheel chair bound, have a disease that leaves you challenged mobility wise or academically, psychologically wise e.g alzheimer's, parkinson's, long term amnesia etc.that makes you disabled.
Reply 5
Are there any benefits to being registered as Disabled? Or am i just going be registered as a disabled person and continue to live my life the same way?
Reply 6
Well there's more parking spaces for a start.

What exactly is wrong with you then?
Reply 7
If you don't mind me asking, how are you disabled?
Reply 8
Your hosptial / Doctor should already know you are disabled. So you should be Regeistered with them any way.
Reply 9
I wont get in to the specifics. But i have a big problem with walking, have to take a break every 5 minutes. Live with constant pain due to severe nerve damage. And a permant deformaty with bone structure.
Have you never been to your doctor about it? I think if it has been going on a while your doctor would have made up their mind to weather or not you are disabled by now.
Reply 11
Contact your GP first. Then, contact your local council. If you have problems walking you may be eligable for Disability Living Allowance, and possibly a disabled badge. Also, check out the BBC's Ouch pages as they may be helpful

Latest