The Student Room Group

Dating friends Ex girlfriend??

Anon please

Okay so I've recently been chatting to this girl on plenty of fish. Seems like a really nice and cute girl, we seem to get along really well(online anyway) As we were getting to know each other I gave her my personal website and it just so turns out that I know her ex!

He's a friend of mine. We're not the best of friends by any means. We chat sometimes on facebook/instagram but I haven't actually seen the guy in person in 3 years(at the moment he's joined the army in South africa for a year). We're still definitely on very good terms though and he's a cool dude.

So yeah I'm in a bit of a dilemma...do I continue to pursue this girl?? We both feel a bit awkward about it which is a shame cause we seem to get along quite well....

Help me out please guys......I'm confused...

Thanks
You could ask her, "im friends with so and so and have a lot of respect for him, I like you but have to ask since I don't know the circumstances of your break-up, do you think there's any reason he might feel uncomfortable hearing about it if anything were to happen here?".
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Anon please

Okay so I've recently been chatting to this girl on plenty of fish. Seems like a really nice and cute girl, we seem to get along really well(online anyway) As we were getting to know each other I gave her my personal website and it just so turns out that I know her ex!

He's a friend of mine. We're not the best of friends by any means. We chat sometimes on facebook/instagram but I haven't actually seen the guy in person in 3 years(at the moment he's joined the army in South africa for a year). We're still definitely on very good terms though and he's a cool dude.

So yeah I'm in a bit of a dilemma...do I continue to pursue this girl?? We both feel a bit awkward about it which is a shame cause we seem to get along quite well....

Help me out please guys......I'm confused...

Thanks

Just go and date her. The guy isnt a close friend and if you havent seen him in 3 years theres no way you'dve known. If she pointed it out that she dated him just go out with her anyway, and if the other guy says anything act all surprised and then ignore it.

Life is too short to worry about what irrelevant people think and to not be with people you like.
If he's not a best mate or someone you hang out with regularly it's no issue.
My current boyfriend is my ex's best friend.
It was weird at first but now they get along just like they used to.
My advice? go for it!
Best decision i ever made.
Original post by tiacastle
My current boyfriend is my ex's best friend.
It was weird at first but now they get along just like they used to.
My advice? go for it!
Best decision i ever made.

Same situation, hasn't been an issue. We all still get along fine :smile:
Reply 6
GOOOO

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending