The Student Room Group

2014 AS and A2 Results Day (Thursday 14th August) Official Thread - 8 days to go!

This poll is closed

Should Results Day be Earlier or Later than it currently is?

>4 weeks earlier 38%
≈4 weeks earlier 10%
≈3 weeks earlier 11%
≈2 weeks earlier 21%
≈1 week earlier 5%
It's Just Right 10%
≈1 week later 2%
≈2 weeks later 1%
≈3 weeks later 0%
≈4 weeks later 1%
>4 weeks later2%
Total votes: 1000
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Lol was just about to make a thread but yah beat me to it. :smile:
Couldn't be more worried about my AS results. Know I haven't performed as well as I'm capable of under the exam pressure :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by SH0405
Post your thoughts/hopes/predictions for results day. Only 64 days to go.....

Hoping to achieve decent results but I don't have high expectations particularly in my AS AQA Biology unit 2 exam. :s-smilie:
I feel like I'm going to be the most underrated student in England.

This is in terms of what I know and what shows up on the damned piece of paper. (Excluding things such as: time, deciphering the language of OCR and just whether OCR feel like being merciful)
Hoping for 4 A's, but idk what's going to happen, had a bit of a nightmare in one of my Further Maths exams :frown:
Reply 6
Expecting a B in Psychology, hoping for such or higher.
Expecting a C in Maths, but hoping I scraped a B or I most definitely wont have got into my firm Uni choice :frown:
Not sure about Biology yet; if Friday's paper goes well then I'll expect a B, which is what I'm hoping for.

I really hope grade boundaries are lower than usual this year due to the lack of January exams. It makes sense and would seem fair but I doubt they'd be nice enough to do that for us :redface:
Reply 7
I think I'll be lucky to get CCC, so you can tell I'm dreading that day. I have a panic attack in the exam that was meant to boost my English grade, but I feel I've got a D or E in it.
I need AAB to get into uni, currently think I'll have BBB at best :frown:
Reply 9
I'm not sure what to think, hoping for 4 A's at AS but I know I could have done better on my econ2 paper!:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a feeling the 13th will be a sleepless night for many! I'm dreading it - really not sure how any of my exams went, could have completely flunked or done alright!

It makes me angry that what's on that paper that day defines you - IT SHOULDN'T. It's not a reflection of your intelligence, it's not a true representation of real-life working situations, and it's often totally at the mercy of what questions come up.
Original post by RooRoo1
I have a feeling the 13th will be a sleepless night for many! I'm dreading it - really not sure how any of my exams went, could have completely flunked or done alright!

It makes me angry that what's on that paper that day defines you - IT SHOULDN'T. It's not a reflection of your intelligence, it's not a true representation of real-life working situations, and it's often totally at the mercy of what questions come up.

Exactly ! It ridiculous. So.many factors could determine your results, not truly reflecting your capabilities or how you would perform in the work place. Haha rant over! :tongue:
After c4 today, I don't think I will bother looking at my results.
I already know I'm going to be REALLY disappointed. Was hoping for A*AA but I'll probably end up with ABC, if I'm lucky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Need A*AA in my top 3 A Levels (I do 4) and having finished the exams for 3/4 A Levels I think I've got it already which is a huge relief! :tongue:
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Exactly ! It ridiculous. So.many factors could determine your results, not truly reflecting your capabilities or how you would perform in the work place. Haha rant over! :tongue:

Oh feel free to rant on! Drives me nuts :mad:
Reply 16
Need AAA for uni, kinda wanted some A*s but yeah that's not happening
These papers have been so difficult so far
I need A*AA for Durham, which is my firm choice. I've had a really good feeling about all of my exams so far, but there's always that nagging thought in the back of my mind that I haven't done as well as I think... And my Mum is piling on the pressure too - 'if you don't get into Durham then I'll be so disappointed, so you had better get in!' Awww maaaaaaan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daisystones
I need A*AA for Durham, which is my firm choice. I've had a really good feeling about all of my exams so far, but there's always that nagging thought in the back of my mind that I haven't done as well as I think... And my Mum is piling on the pressure too - 'if you don't get into Durham then I'll be so disappointed, so you had better get in!' Awww maaaaaaan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck anyway!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Frank the Tankk
Wow, your mum seems like a bit of a dick, no offence hahaha.
Good luck anyway!

Don't worry - she's always annoyed if I don't get 90+% so I've come to terms with it! Thank you, fingers crossed! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest