The Student Room Group

Unable to think about or care about new relationships

I broke up with my ex about a year ago in June. Since then I just havent been able to properly think about or care about starting a new relationship or even having any physical contact with someone even though I have been over my ex for some time. Its ridiculous because Iv been single for a year and yet not only have I not gotten with anybody else but I havent even been trying. I found myself in a one night stand situation 5 months ago which I felt uncomfortable with and escaped by pretending to be ill. I found myself kind of dating an old friend a few months back but that felt really uncomfortable too and I found myself stopping anything from happening.

Everybody else I know breaks up with someone and then goes off on a sex/making out rampage across their region or dives into another relationship but I cant get into that feeling at all. I dont even feel depressed or anything, and Im not actively avoiding it or abstaining, I just dont care. I just feel kind of mehhh

Any thoughts?
Unfortunately it sounds like you've actually failed to get over your ex despite you saying in the post that you have. You either still harbour feelings for the ex or you haven't gotten over the anguish of having broken up with her and therefore don't want to have to feel that again. You've just got to get out there a bit more.
Reply 2
Original post by Gonzales95
Unfortunately it sounds like you've actually failed to get over your ex despite you saying in the post that you have. You either still harbour feelings for the ex or you haven't gotten over the anguish of having broken up with her and therefore don't want to have to feel that again. You've just got to get out there a bit more.

I have already said that that is definitely not the case, I havent thought about her in any sense in a while and I dont miss her in that sense. When I think about that relationship I dont feel any pain or upset, I just dont really think about anything regarding it. It was a year ago, and it is not about moving on from that relationship, it is more about moving on from nothing to something.
Original post by Clez
I have already said that that is definitely not the case, I havent thought about her in any sense in a while and I dont miss her in that sense. When I think about that relationship I dont feel any pain or upset, I just dont really think about anything regarding it. It was a year ago, and it is not about moving on from that relationship, it is more about moving on from nothing to something.

It's not that you've failed to get over her as a person herself, rather the situation of being in a relationship. You've gotten into a pattern where you don't need a relationship, and to be honest that isn't necessarily even a bad thing. I wouldn't actually worry about it to be honest, just get out there and talk to women and if you find one you really like and you'll become a lot more interested in having a relationship again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending