The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blaspame
i never denied it i said it was wrong the way they treat u but they dont ALL treat u's badly

also. wen i went saudi i noticed most the peeps in mecca and medina arent even saudis and i know that cos i can differentiate between accents. most of em are Egyption:rolleyes:

U saudi?
Original post by farrisraza
U saudi?

nah im iraqi :tongue:
lol
Original post by Kinia

The main reason is that... traditional Arab culture is completely different from the western..especially when it comes to marriage life. In the eyes of most arabs... westerners are capable of polygamy, infidelity, fornication etc. In Indian culture people are expected to be virgins till they get married... and they are expected to remain married forever to a single partner. Also.. western culture is self centric... exact opposite to the arab one.

It's funny because the last time I checked, the only countries that have polygamy legalised are Arab countries.
Original post by Nadia L.
Lol the ignorance. Being mixed myself, I am so offended and hurt.
Mixed race people lack culture and values? Wow, I'd hate to be that narrow minded.
Apologies if how I'm interpreting what I'm reading is wrong, but I can't help but feel a sense of hate and disgust towards mixed race people, and I don't know why.
We're all equal, no one's superior, or has better values, etc.
Learn to embrace modern society.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also agree that what they are saying about mixed raced people are wrong and can understand why you are offended. I feel the opposite way as I want a little mixed raced baby that's a mixture of me and the girl I'm going to marry, but I want our baby to look more like her. As for the culture and value thing, we have both discarded our home culture and have focussed on religion. So that doesn't matter.
Original post by Anonymous
I also agree that what they are saying about mixed raced people are wrong and can understand why you are offended. I feel the opposite way as I want a little mixed raced baby that's a mixture of me and the girl I'm going to marry, but I want our baby to look more like her. As for the culture and value thing, we have both discarded our home culture and have focussed on religion. So that doesn't matter.

So I guess you just need to find out about her parents because all parents vary and deal with situations differently :-) good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by Kinia
Nop never,we always marry within our own kind,it's a cultural thing.

Mainly all Arabs marry in their race because the guy/girl is familiar with their culture.. they don't want some newbie trying to mix in when they don't understand crap.

Arabs want their familly to stay Arab

The main reason is that... traditional Arab culture is completely different from the western..especially when it comes to marriage life. In the eyes of most arabs... westerners are capable of polygamy, infidelity, fornication etc. In Indian culture people are expected to be virgins till they get married... and they are expected to remain married forever to a single partner. Also.. western culture is self centric... exact opposite to the arab one.

But in the west this isn't the case... People are fine with losing virginity before marriage, and people tend to give so many reasons to divorce or leave a partner .. for another. For an instance... reasons for divorce like... I lost the spark, fell out of love, I am no longer in love...etc are disgusting and ..selfish according to arabs standards. These are totally different cultures. So that's the major fear of every Arab family ...when their son/daughter tells them they wanna marry a westerner.

In the Arabic culture a marriage is for life...and forever. So a parent will not risk their kid's marriage life with someone from a culture...which is completely against theirs and have a very bad track record of sticking to one partner. Arabs families see ..their child getting married to a western person...similar to gambling with their life.... So I see this not as hating the white... but.. being in a defensive mode.

Very hypocritical. Arabs are usually the ones that have several wives (polygamy). Didn't the 'prophet mohammed' have multiple wives?
Most Arab parents want their children to marry from their own kind, however if the girl is into you then let her talk to her parents about you and then see how you can take it from there. If you are both interested in each other then her parents can't reject you because of your ethnic background. Not all Arab parents are racist.
Original post by RosyPearl
Most Arab parents want their children to marry from their own kind, however if the girl is into you then let her talk to her parents about you and then see how you can take it from there. If you are both interested in each other then her parents can't reject you because of your ethnic background. Not all Arab parents are racist.

Conservative not racist
I'm a British-Indian and I'm interesting in making marital advancements to a British-Arab girl. We were both born and raised in the UK. Are most Arab parents open to the idea of their child marrying a non-Arab? I know it is the individual's decision in the end, but I want opinions on what Arabs raised in the UK would think their parents would think about this.

It will never work your an Indian you are the lowest in our arab system,it's a bit like indian parent's and black people,arabs will never allow a black or an Indian in our familly because it's a disgrace to our familly .
Original post by Kinia
Nop never,we always marry within our own kind,it's a cultural thing.

Mainly all Arabs marry in their race because the guy/girl is familiar with their culture.. they don't want some newbie trying to mix in when they don't understand crap.

Arabs want their familly to stay Arab

But in the west this isn't the case... People are fine with losing virginity before marriage, and people tend to give so many reasons to divorce or leave a partner .. for another. For an instance... reasons for divorce like... I lost the spark, fell out of love, I am no longer in love...etc are disgusting and ..selfish according to arabs standards. These are totally different cultures. So that's the major fear of every Arab family ...when their son/daughter tells them they wanna marry a westerner.

In the Arabic culture a marriage is for life...and forever. So a parent will not risk their kid's marriage life with someone from a culture...which is completely against theirs and have a very bad track record of sticking to one partner. Arabs families see ..their child getting married to a western person...similar to gambling with their life.... So I see this not as hating the white... but.. being in a defensive mode.

Well said I rather go to jail than having an Indian in my familly ...:wink:

We look down upon them I don't want shame in our familly.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm a British-Indian and I'm interesting in making marital advancements to a British-Arab girl. We were both born and raised in the UK. Are most Arab parents open to the idea of their child marrying a non-Arab? I know it is the individual's decision in the end, but I want opinions on what Arabs raised in the UK would think their parents would think about this.

It will never work because the op is an Indian

In the arab cast system

Arabs high caste, White middle caste ,desi-blacks muslims low caste

Her parents would never agree.

If a desi muslim marries an arab muslim, her family will honor kill her.
Original post by RosyPearl

I'm quite certain she's into me. I don't think another guy, whether Arab or non-Arab can love her the way I do. It would be completely irrational. She can only be fully happy by marrying me. I know not all Arab parents are racist, and I'm sure it's only a minority that are. I hope hers aren't.
Original post by Moshipisy
Well said I rather go to jail than having an Indian in my familly ...:wink:

We look down upon them I don't want shame in our familly.

You are either a troll or you just have backward views in my opinion. Most probably a troll as you have created your account today just to post on this thread.
Reply 73
I'm quite certain she's into me. I don't think another guy, whether Arab or non-Arab can love her the way I do. It would be completely irrational. She can only be fully happy by marrying me. I know not all Arab parents are racist, and I'm sure it's only a minority that are. I hope hers aren't.

You sound pathetic and posssive ,you know that arabs will never accept Indians(i'm indian),have you seen the way they are treated in muslim countries?

It'sl like convincing Indian parent's and black lovers,arabs are the same,they will never allow that to happen.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 74
It will never work because the op is an Indian

In the arab cast system

Arabs high caste, White middle caste ,desi-blacks muslims low caste

Her parents would never agree.

If a desi muslim marries an arab muslim, her family will honor kill her.

This.
Are you Indian by any chance? And also the girl I want to marry isn't Saudi, her family is from North Africa.

how old is this girl?
and also, do the family know you well?

If the family are practising muslims, they're more likely not to mind about the ethnicity but rather about the religion.
Conservative not racist

I'm talking about the ignorant Arabs who think their culture is superior to others

Okay if she gives you the green light then go ahead and make your intentions clear to her. Hopefully her parents are open minded and will look past your ethnicity.
Original post by Budgie99
how old is this girl?
and also, do the family know you well?

If the family are practising muslims, they're more likely not to mind about the ethnicity but rather about the religion.

She's 20. We've both got a couple of years of studying left so it would be more convenient to get married after our degrees are complete but I worry that her parents are currently looking for an Arab man for her to marry. I'd rather marry earlier if it gives me a chance to prevent that from happening. I can't take it in my brain her marrying someone else. I don't know her family too well to be honest, which is why I want an opportunity with them to discuss a proposal with her. I have heard from her that they are practicing Muslims like she is. That's a main reason why I consider her as a perfect wife. My family are practicing Muslims too which I hope her family approves of.
She's 20. We've both got a couple of years of studying left so it would be more convenient to get married after our degrees are complete but I worry that her parents are currently looking for an Arab man for her to marry. I'd rather marry earlier if it gives me a chance to prevent that from happening. I can't take it in my brain her marrying someone else. I don't know her family too well to be honest, which is why I want an opportunity with them to discuss a proposal with her. I have heard from her that they are practicing Muslims like she is. That's a main reason why I consider her as a perfect wife. My family are practicing Muslims too which I hope her family approves of.

thats good. I'm not really sure how it works but maybe you could ask quite soon and then leave the actual marriage till after the degrees, sort of like an engagement?

Don't leave it too late..you'll regret it. try to discuss the proposal as soon as possible before someone else does.
Original post by Budgie99
thats good. I'm not really sure how it works but maybe you could ask quite soon and then leave the actual marriage till after the degrees, sort of like an engagement?

Don't leave it too late..you'll regret it. try to discuss the proposal as soon as possible before someone else does.

I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I've been told Islamically that the period between engagement and marriage shouldn't be kept too long. I will have to clarify with my local Imam. So if I do ask soon, then I'd have to get married quite soon. It doesn't matter if it's in the middle of the degree. All it means is extra commitment. I know I can't leave it too late. Someone else will probably try to marry her. I could write a whole page of her qualities, but too sum it up I'll say girls like that aren't easy to find. For example her piety, her character and her beauty are just outstanding.

Latest

Trending

Trending