The Student Room Group

Anyone go to PRTC on 1st July?

Just had my dates of 1st July for PRTC and provisionally 10th Sept to start basic...

Anyone got the same?

Be nice to speak to someone before I head down there..

Adios!

Chris :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I've got same date for September, but my prtc is tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
cool mate let us know how you get on. good luck!
can anyone give me a clue as to the different intakes? keep seeing people say they're on the 'Thompson intake'. what is the difference? what others are there?

Ta.
I think the intake names are just when you start, and some of the guys we spoke to were saying some intakes have harsher PTIs. But not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chris-d-lpool
can anyone give me a clue as to the different intakes? keep seeing people say they're on the 'Thompson intake'. what is the difference? what others are there?

Ta.

Arnold, Beckett, Campion, Douglas, Pearson, Thompson

Think that's it. It's just the name of your group of people who will be training from a certain date for your duration of BRTC you will wear a rank slide with your intake name on it. If you were to fail a certain section you would go back to the Intake that are behind you, usually by 2 weeks but sometimes by 3 weeks.

It doesn't really mean anything, its just a way to identify everyone, get people to pull together as a team and the staff will stay with each intake so they are always the Thompson flight staff for example.

Everyone will always say that their intake is better, but all the staff at Halton are good at what they do and will get you through the training. Intakes do things slightly different due to individual staff having an influence on how they are run but overall the standards are quite good.

Depending on your intake also depends which 'stream' or group of staff will train you during Regiment with lots of people saying stream A is harder than B which is harder than C but don't believe most of the hype just do what you are told down there and you'll be fine!

Original post by jebbadiah
I think the intake names are just when you start, and some of the guys we spoke to were saying some intakes have harsher PTIs. But not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The PTI's are the same for all the intakes there are only a handful at the Finlay gym who will do the Phys for everyone including PRTC.

Hope that has helped you to understand!
Hi Chris. Yes I have got my PRTC on july 1st. Potential start date 14 august. Havent received any other information as yet regarding PRTC times etc.

Would be good to know at least 1 person on the day.

Curt
If it's anythin like mine you'll be put in ya rooms at about half 7, so everyone talks then n gets to know each other. Don't worry about that pal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Glad to talk to some people before we go down as I am on this PRTC date aswell, but unsure if arrival day means we arrive the day before which is the 30th of July because I will be driving, if someone could let me know.

Cheers
Lewis
Reply 9
Original post by Currentlycurt
Hi Chris. Yes I have got my PRTC on july 1st. Potential start date 14 august. Havent received any other information as yet regarding PRTC times etc.

Would be good to know at least 1 person on the day.

Curt

Hi does your BRTC start on the 13th August? If so add yourself to the facebook group BRTC 13th August - Arnold intake (that's if your on facebook). Good luck at PRTC.
Reply 10
Hi Christ were about in Liverpool you from I have prtc 15th July with start date around same time as you
Reply 11
Mines 1st July as well. Start dates not till 25th sept though.
Original post by Sincil91
Mines 1st July as well. Start dates not till 25th sept though.

Be 24th sept won't it mate? Every 2 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chris-d-lpool
Just had my dates of 1st July for PRTC and provisionally 10th Sept to start basic...

Anyone got the same?

Be nice to speak to someone before I head down there..

Adios!

Chris :smile:

How was it? Anything we need to know, those of us who still waiting to go?
Did you use everything of that list they give you to pack?
What about Functional Skills? Did you do L1 or L2?
Reply 14
If you start on the 13th august get yourself added to the group on Facebook, brtc 13th August Arnold intake

Quick Reply

Latest