The Student Room Group

Withdrawn from placement

I was in a placement for children with sever emotional disorders, I asked to be withdrawn from the placement as I was being spat at, verbally assaulted and worried they children would physically assault me. I completely understand that this is not the children's fault however I did not wish to continue and was given no warning about the intense nature of the placement. I was given this placement randomly do you think I was right in withdrawing as all my lectures now are saying how disappointed they are and I may now fail the module although I have said i would complete it in my own time in summer. Any thought would be appreciated.
Original post by becca7193
I was in a placement for children with sever emotional disorders, I asked to be withdrawn from the placement as I was being spat at, verbally assaulted and worried they children would physically assault me. I completely understand that this is not the children's fault however I did not wish to continue and was given no warning about the intense nature of the placement. I was given this placement randomly do you think I was right in withdrawing as all my lectures now are saying how disappointed they are and I may now fail the module although I have said i would complete it in my own time in summer. Any thought would be appreciated.

Firstly, well done for trying the placement, I can understand how difficult it must be. The only thing I can really suggest is going to see your students Union or alerting your placement officer for more information. You could explain your situation and could explain the implications of not completing the placement etc. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest