The Student Room Group

School is harder than work

I was thinking about The time spent in school and time at work these past few weeks at work we work about 35-40 hours a week so teats about 8 hours a day 5 days a week and our evenings and weekends are free school kids as young as 11 do from 8:30-3:30 so that's 7 or 8 hours they are then expected to do home work of 0.5 hours per subject kids are doing at least 10 hour days every day (if they are given say 4 pieces of home work) where their parents may do 8 hours a day 9-5 and then get home and as long as the child actually does their home work all they need to do is cook which they would do usually and then they can relax while little Timmy is still slaving away then we get to the weekend Timmys parents can chilll but no rest for Timmy he has 3 500 word assignments to do over these two days holidays again Timmy has home work over Christmas (sometimes) Easter (always) half term and from year 9 summer and teachers say you'll never have as much free time again for the rest of your life. I had much more free time at uni and collage than I did at school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending