The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Flat 6, second floor, St Christopher's court 2014

Is anyone starting Derby University this year and staying in flat 6 in St Christopher's Court this year? I am studying on the Fine Art Ba degree this year and I am curious about who I'm going to be sharing a flat with. If you are going to be in a nearby flat or studying the same course as me... please comment too.
im in the same flat as you :smile: im studing a biology degree
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Hey, i'm in the same flat and same floor as you as well! I'm studying a motorsport engineering course...
Original post by shannon09star
Is anyone starting Derby University this year and staying in flat 6 in St Christopher's Court this year? I am studying on the Fine Art Ba degree this year and I am curious about who I'm going to be sharing a flat with. If you are going to be in a nearby flat or studying the same course as me... please comment too.

Hiya, looks like we'll be studying the same course :smile:
Original post by NayNay2000
Hiya, looks like we'll be studying the same course :smile:

Hey that is awesome! I'll probably see you.
Hey that is awesome! I'll probably see you.

You sure will! Nice to meet you, good luck on your journal.

Good luck on your journal work too :smile: is it bad if I say that I have nearly filled it. I'm probably going to be starting on a journal number 2 by the time we start University :biggrin:

By the way, I was wondering if you have any information on what rooms we will be studying in. I have no idea on where we are meant to go.... and have only a vague piece of info, saying that there is an introduction on the Monday at derby theatre. I have no idea where we are supposed to enroll for fine art in person. I have tried contacting the lecturer- but Have received no reply.

I have enrolled online for the first term... and I know the enrollment is to be on the tuesday perhaps? However I haven't got information on the location of where the enrollment will be taking place. I have no idea what studio we are going to be working in either.

I was wondering if you know any information on the location of enrollment?:confused:
Good luck on your journal work too :smile: is it bad if I say that I have nearly filled it. I'm probably going to be starting on a journal number 2 by the time we start University :biggrin:

Really!? Wow haha :smile: sounds like your a hard worker keep it up! I think I've got bit carried away with the writing side in my journal :smile:
By the way, I was wondering if you have any information on what rooms we will be studying in. I have no idea on where we are meant to go.... and have only a vague piece of info, saying that there is an introduction on the Monday at derby theatre. I have no idea where we are supposed to enroll for fine art in person. I have tried contacting the lecturer- but Have received no reply.

I have enrolled online for the first term... and I know the enrollment is to be on the tuesday perhaps? However I haven't got information on the location of where the enrollment will be taking place. I have no idea what studio we are going to be working in either.

I was wondering if you know any information on the location of enrollment?:confused:

Sadly I only know as much as you do sadly sorry :frown: I had to do an enrolment online iswell and they said we have to confirm it in person but no location. Carl (the lecturer) mentioned we have induction on Monday then enrolment on Tuesday but question is it's going to be nightmare on Monday, when you think how many students from other courses that will be there. On the 17th (Wednesday) we start doing work for the degree think he said something about initial work but we not being assessed. I'm bit confused location is well, on the open day went to Britannia Mill but was interviewed in Markeaton street. It be nice if they sent us information were to study but it defiantly will be either Markeaton street or Britannia Mill campas we'll be studying :smile: have you looked round Markeaton street campas? I haven't looked round that campas yet.
Original post by nicole_marshall
im in the same flat as you :smile: im studing a biology degree

Hi!! Nice to know- can't wait to meet you.:smile: I'm going to be doing the Fine Art BA degree.
Sadly I only know as much as you do sadly sorry :frown: I had to do an enrolment online iswell and they said we have to confirm it in person but no location. Carl (the lecturer) mentioned we have induction on Monday then enrolment on Tuesday but question is it's going to be nightmare on Monday, when you think how many students from other courses that will be there. On the 17th (Wednesday) we start doing work for the degree think he said something about initial work but we not being assessed. I'm bit confused location is well, on the open day went to Britannia Mill but was interviewed in Markeaton street. It be nice if they sent us information were to study but it defiantly will be either Markeaton street or Britannia Mill campas we'll be studying :smile: have you looked round Markeaton street campas? I haven't looked round that campas yet.

I found out the induction is at Derby theatre in town. Derby theatre is located inside westfield/ eagle center market. I found out where Derby theatre was cause I walked around derby making sure I knew the exact place. Carl confirmed to me through an email that the induction is at Derby theatre..... and told me that on tuesday go to Britannia mill building. I believe that Wednesday is also the deadline for the summer tasks that were set by him too.
Really!? Wow haha :smile: sounds like your a hard worker keep it up! I think I've got bit carried away with the writing side in my journal :smile:

Nice... good to know you write alot too. I hope the lecturer doesn't mind colours and lots of doodles and that though. My journal is starting to become like a sketchbook a little bit. :smile:
I found out the induction is at Derby theatre in town. Derby theatre is located inside westfield/ eagle center market. I found out where Derby theatre was cause I walked around derby making sure I knew the exact place. Carl confirmed to me through an email that the induction is at Derby theatre..... and told me that on tuesday go to Britannia mill building. I believe that Wednesday is also the deadline for the summer tasks that were set by him too.

Awesome! I just checked my inbox and he also sent email saying what the first week will be, but remember to take everything including the 5 items just to be on the safe side :smile: apparently we gonna be going to Yorkshire sculpture park on first week iswell. Ps... Will add you on Facebook, sorry I couldn't reply to other message takes getting use to working this student room site, mines Nathan Walker my profile picture is of me but in a blue and white colour.
Nice... good to know you write alot too. I hope the lecturer doesn't mind colours and lots of doodles and that though. My journal is starting to become like a sketchbook a little bit. :smile:

Fingers crossed you'll be fine, mind you it's your journal you do what feels best for you, surprising how much time each task can take without even knowing too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest