The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

getting accepted into UCL

just wanted to ask if anyone here or if anyone knows someone who has been accepted into UCL even though they did not meet their target grade? for example if they were offered a place for A*AA but still got in with AAA or with A*AB etc... I know UCL are heavily over subscribed, but I was just interested in knowing if UCL are the type of UNI which can spot talent or passion for a subject and sometimes take a risk accepting even when one has not met the target grade? any stories would be appreciated
I was made an offer of AAA including biology and chemistry. I got A*AAB, with the B in biology, and so didn't make the conditions of my offer. They couldn't take me in the year I applied, but gave me a place the following year, after a "compulsory gap year".
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Larynx.pharynx
I was made an offer of AAA including biology and chemistry. I got A*AAB, with the B in biology, and so didn't make the conditions of my offer. They couldn't take me in the year I applied, but gave me a place the following year, after a "compulsory gap year".

That seems overly harsh considering you actually over-performed - unless you applied for biology?
I applied for medicine. They specified AAA including biology and chemistry.
Reply 4
Original post by Larynx.pharynx
I applied for medicine. They specified AAA including biology and chemistry.

Oh I see! Didn't read that properly the first time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending