The Student Room Group

ISIS in Iraq megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cymon tuggs
"I support anyone who wants to make the word of Allah the highest. I support those who fight oppression and don't support those who are the oppressors."

Which word of Allah do you mean? He contradicts himself, and the fact the competing sects can take one particular phrase as "Gospel" (to use a Christian phrase) has led to all this bloodshed. Who are you (or anyone) to say you know what he is supposed to want? If he want all this killing he is not a just god.

I am morally sickened by your lack of condemnation of murdering helpless prisoners. But then it all comes from your prophet, who murdered prisoners from the Banu Qurayza, tribe as well as the men of Ukl...

"and he had their hands and feet cut off. Then he ordered for nails which were heated and passed over their eyes, and they were left in the Harra (i.e. rocky land in Medina). They asked for water, and nobody provided them with water till they died"

That was your prophet! Makes you and the Islamic State almost civilised and moral...

lol that was such crap im laughing did you get that of one of those " answering websites"? lemme guess the gospel will save you? xD
A group of leading British Muslim clerics issued a fatwa outlawing the Islamic State group and prohibiting local UK Muslims from fighting on behalf of any side in the Syrian civil war, The Sunday Times reports.

Calling the IS doctrine “poisonous ideology,” the missive, endorsed by six leading Islamic leaders from across the UK, called on British Muslims to oppose IS, and in particular within the Uk.

“There is no doubt that President Assad’s regime in Syria is oppressive, unjust and brutal, and has committed numerous atrocities against its own people,” the fatwa read. “The same is true of the so-called ‘Islamic State’ (IS) or self-styled ‘Caliphate, formerly known as ‘The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria’: it is an oppressive and tyrannical group.”

The move came after mounting criticism charging that Britain’s Muslim leaders were not doing enough to counter the trend of UK Islamists traveling to Syria to join IS and fight on its behalf, the report said.

“The IS persecution and massacres of Shia Muslims, Christians and Yazidis is abhorrent and opposed to Islamic teachings and the Islamic tolerance displayed by great empires such as the Mughals and Ottomans,” continued the fatwa. IS is a heretical, extremist organisation and it is religiously prohibited (haram) to support or join it; furthermore, it is an obligation on British Muslims to actively oppose its poisonous ideology, especially when this is promoted within Britain.”

The religious deceleration also instructed Muslims to live by the law of the land in which they reside.
“British and other EU citizens are bound by their duties to their home countries according to Islamic theology and jurisprudence: it is therefore prohibited (haram) to travel to fight with any side in Syria, including non-state actors, since this is forbidden by laws in EU countries.”
The imams, from Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Leicester and London, included Sheik Qamaruzzaman Azmi, secretary general of the World Islamic Mission; and Sheik Muhammad Shahid Raza, executive secretary of the UK Muslim Law Shariah Council and head imam at Leicester Central Mosque.

“Many scholars from diverse theological backgrounds and schools are supporting it so it carries a lot of weight,” Raza said. Young people will need to listen to what we are saying in this statement. The fatwa will work to provide a better environment for safety and security.”

“We oppose Isis [Islamic State], and anybody who is found to be supporting Isis will see our position,” said Mufti Abdul Kadir Barakatullah, a member of the UK Shariah Council.

1. Good to see the pathetic little Islamic State wannabe morons are getting a good hiding from their own Moslem leadership as well as the services reporting " much increased " recruitment of undercover - police from among
young British moslems. ( Hansard) :colone:

2. This fatwah and the internal division among the people of mohammed ( lol ;> ) based in Uk plus the removal of their passports seems to have shut them up.

3. All Isis loving URLS /posts here being sourced & posted to MI5 …. with co-operation from the Uk mosques.

byeee Islamic State morons.:smile:

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Al-farhan
As I said earlier they are as terrible as each other, isis have shown nothing but cold bloodedness and callousness with regards to human life, same as Assad.
I do not support the idea of the international community allying with Assad.
And the evidence against isis is clear and out there bother, you just need to look

But IS are exponentially more evil than Assad. They're not simply as terrible as each other. IS is screwing the stability of the world and making it a much more life threatening place, as if the world wasn't already dangerous enough! There's no comparison. I definitely support allying with Assad if it means stopping the IS roller coaster of land-grabbing, mass killing, genocide, hostage taking, conversion to Islam by ultimatum of death, theft of property, . . . . . IS will be the direct cause of many murders on home soil in the years to come because with increasing numbers running to join their ranks, they will take a long time to crush and exterminate. The warped mindset is the problem too and that will be much harder to root out because reason does not come into it. One cannot de-program an Islamist. You only need to engage in a discussion on TSR to work that one out. There is no meaningful dialectic. It's more akin to trying to argue across a vacuum.
Didn't the UN investigate those gassing's and find no conclusive evidence that Assad was behind them? given these rebels were caught with sarin gas in Turkey and can be pictured with it I think we know that he's been framed at least for this crime. Assad is not innocent but he's less guilty than those he's fighting against.
Original post by Whisper2Whytes
Didn't the UN investigate those gassing's and find no conclusive evidence that Assad was behind them? given these rebels were caught with sarin gas in Turkey and can be pictured with it I think we know that he's been framed at least for this crime. Assad is not innocent but he's less guilty than those he's fighting against.

The UN reported that the Syrian government has used chemical weapons on numerous occasions during the conflict.
Original post by Ganhad
lol that was such crap im laughing did you get that of one of those " answering websites"? lemme guess the gospel will save you? xD

Nope. Both delightful little stories were referred to on this website as it goes. By people who were Muslims but had renounced their faith.

Apostates I think is the word. Punishable by death, right?

It isn't crap mate, it is in your theology. Look it up if you don't believe me.
Another apparent beheading of an American journalist by ISIS, next up is a British one. Has anyone else seen the actual raw footage of these so called beheadings? I don't believe they're actually doing it, you would understand if you saw the videos.
Original post by LukeyJB
Another apparent beheading of an American journalist by ISIS, next up is a British one. Has anyone else seen the actual raw footage of these so called beheadings? I don't believe they're actually doing it, you would understand if you saw the videos.

'So-called beheadings'?

:toofunny:
Original post by Stalin
'So-called beheadings'?

:toofunny:

If you watch the actual videos (which I obviously can't provide a link to...) you would see what I mean. The man in the video places the knife to the hostage's neck, starts to move it side-to-side... there's no blood, no sign of distress or struggle and then the camera cuts back to a body laying on the ground in a pool of extremely bright red liquid.

I don't think they're actually killing the hostages.
Original post by LukeyJB

Just ... everyone else in their path?
Original post by Skip_Snip
Just ... everyone else in their path?

If they're holding high profile Western hostages they are going to make people think they've been killed to try and have their demands met. Maybe the executions are real? Who knows, all I'm saying is that they don't look that convincing.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist nut job, I'm just weighing in with my own observations.
Original post by LukeyJB
If you watch the actual videos (which I obviously can't provide a link to...) you would see what I mean. The man in the video places the knife to the hostage's neck, starts to move it side-to-side... there's no blood, no sign of distress or struggle and then the camera cuts back to a body laying on the ground in a pool of extremely bright red liquid.

Oh, I see. Are they going to use them for the Islamic State Circus when it begins its tour of the region?
People are 'forgetting' or do not know the fact that ISIS (who are being linked to former Al-Qaeda forces' was heavily created, trained and funded by the US in the 1990's to defend Afghanistan against Soviet forces. Also, within ISIS many of its soldiers are from Syrian rebel groups which were also funded and trained by US forces to help topple Assad...

Instead of focusing on the 'blooming flower' that is ISIS, we should focus more on the root of this hideous monster which has supported and allowed these problems to occur...

Plus, if any of you have the time to post about the recent beheadings, read this: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4186089.ece
Newsflash

- colleagues have helped locate that bit thick / failed
medic terrorist - aqsa mahmood

- really hope she doesn't catch a special forces bullet or isn't in the wrong place when the USA ups its bombing intensity
x 100 from tomorrow, that would be …. terribly sad…

byeee
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1754
Original post by question5
Newsflash

- colleagues have helped locate that bit thick / failed
medic terrorist - aqsa mahmood

- really hope she doesn't catch a special forces bullet or isn't in the wrong place when the USA ups its bombing intensity
x 100 from tomorrow, that would be …. terribly sad…

byeee

I hope she's killed and buried.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1755
Original post by question5
A group of leading British Muslim clerics issued a fatwa outlawing the Islamic State group and prohibiting local UK Muslims from fighting on behalf of any side in the Syrian civil war, The Sunday Times reports.

Calling the IS doctrine “poisonous ideology,” the missive, endorsed by six leading Islamic leaders from across the UK, called on British Muslims to oppose IS, and in particular within the Uk.

“There is no doubt that President Assad’s regime in Syria is oppressive, unjust and brutal, and has committed numerous atrocities against its own people,” the fatwa read. “The same is true of the so-called ‘Islamic State’ (IS) or self-styled ‘Caliphate, formerly known as ‘The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria’: it is an oppressive and tyrannical group.”

The move came after mounting criticism charging that Britain’s Muslim leaders were not doing enough to counter the trend of UK Islamists traveling to Syria to join IS and fight on its behalf, the report said.

“The IS persecution and massacres of Shia Muslims, Christians and Yazidis is abhorrent and opposed to Islamic teachings and the Islamic tolerance displayed by great empires such as the Mughals and Ottomans,” continued the fatwa. IS is a heretical, extremist organisation and it is religiously prohibited (haram) to support or join it; furthermore, it is an obligation on British Muslims to actively oppose its poisonous ideology, especially when this is promoted within Britain.”

The religious deceleration also instructed Muslims to live by the law of the land in which they reside.
“British and other EU citizens are bound by their duties to their home countries according to Islamic theology and jurisprudence: it is therefore prohibited (haram) to travel to fight with any side in Syria, including non-state actors, since this is forbidden by laws in EU countries.”
The imams, from Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Leicester and London, included Sheik Qamaruzzaman Azmi, secretary general of the World Islamic Mission; and Sheik Muhammad Shahid Raza, executive secretary of the UK Muslim Law Shariah Council and head imam at Leicester Central Mosque.

“Many scholars from diverse theological backgrounds and schools are supporting it so it carries a lot of weight,” Raza said. Young people will need to listen to what we are saying in this statement. The fatwa will work to provide a better environment for safety and security.”

“We oppose Isis [Islamic State], and anybody who is found to be supporting Isis will see our position,” said Mufti Abdul Kadir Barakatullah, a member of the UK Shariah Council.

1. Good to see the pathetic little Islamic State wannabe morons are getting a good hiding from their own Moslem leadership as well as the services reporting " much increased " recruitment of undercover - police from among
young British moslems. ( Hansard) :colone:

2. This fatwah and the internal division among the people of mohammed ( lol ;> ) based in Uk plus the removal of their passports seems to have shut them up.

3. All Isis loving URLS /posts here being sourced & posted to MI5 …. with co-operation from the Uk mosques.

byeee Islamic State morons.:smile:

Mughals were tolerant? LOL. What a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seriously meh

ISIS thinks that they are scary.

For a person who have witness Japanese occupation, ISIS is just a little fly, not even close to be 'terrorist'.

Spoiler

Original post by GnomeMage
Seriously meh

For a person who have witness Japanese occupation, ISIS is just a little fly, not even close to be 'terrorist'.

Spoiler

Their terrorism might not be as large scale as the Japanese during WW2, but they're still terrorists that should be eliminated.
For these Jihadists, it seems as if reality did not live up to ISIS propaganda. Now they want to return to Britain.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/syria-crisis-british-jihadists-becoming-disillusioned-at-fighting-rival-rebels-and-not-assad-regime-9713279.html
Original post by GnomeMage
Seriously meh

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending