The Student Room Group

Geography or English LIterature

I have just finished my AS level, and am now starting my A2 course. I am doing psychology, english lit, geography and biology. However i am thinking of dropping one of them as i struggled with 4 courses this year. I want do a psychology course at uni and i am keeping biology and psychology, but which should i drop out of geography or english? i enjoy both of them, and know i will enjoy the A2 course. Obviously if i don't pass one but pass the other, i will carrry on with the one i have passed. But just wondering what other people think is the best option, if i do equally as well in both subjects.
I'm in year 13 at the moment and took exactly the same subjects as you at AS and want to study psychology :smile:

I was planning on dropping English the whole way through year 12 but I got AABC with the C in biology. I wanted good grades to apply to uni with despite not enjoying English as much as biology so I carried on English.

I'd probably recommend dropping geography rather than English if you want to carry on biology because English comes in quite handy when writing essays etc for psychology. Also, if could provide a nice change to biology!

I take geog, psych and English now and it is ALL essay writing which I don't dislike but it can be hard sometimes!

Hope this helps a bit!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest