The Student Room Group

work experince in video editing and infomation about video editing

Hey i have been interested in studying video editing at university and would like some work experience, however i have been struggling trying to find some. If you know any where that provides work experience (preferable anywhere thats near the city london) or any one that does please could you state it, or if you could provide me advice on how to search for work experience better that would really good also. Thank you very much.
I also wouldn't mind some work experience in graphic design however i hold this at less importance than video editing as thats my first choice.
what uni's also do you go to (if you do) to study video editing and how do you find it?
thank you very much :smile:
By 'video editing' do you mean Media Production? There isn't really any uni course purely on editing, but Media Production is close.

My advice, especially in London, is to approach smaller companies. Look for local media companies on Google (I found a plethora by using 'Media company London' as a search).

I'm not at uni but have had plenty of experience in post production and almost went into it as an apprentice earlier this year.
Reply 2
Try any of the video editing facility companies. They often take on people for work experience. It is unlikely you will get any unless you are over 18 though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending