The Student Room Group

Extended Project Qualification

Today I was offered the EPQ along with a group of other students who are doing well in their AS subjects. I take Biology, Chemistry, Film and IT and if I do the EPQ, I am likely to do it in a science based area. I am unsure currently as of whether I am planning to go to university after A2, but if I did, it would be hopefully in either biology or biochemistry.

However, I have also been offered an OU short course by the school. This is available to anyone who has taken an AS science course. An example of one of the short courses is; http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/short-courses/sg075

My question is; How much will doing the EPQ benefit me instead of doing the OU short course? Or is it better to take the OU course?

If anyone who has taken the EPQ can respond and give their overall opinion of the EPQ course it would be greatly appreciated.

Please reply ASAP.
EPQ teaches you have to manage your own project, do you own research. This shows independent skills that unis are looking for.
Also it helps add to your ucas point totally, which may help, because A2 is a big jump.

Quick Reply

Latest