The Student Room Group

Requirements

Also, for some universities such as UCL they state two sciences preferred for the earth sciences course however i only have chemistry will this hinder my chances of an offer?
Original post by Mango97
Also, for some universities such as UCL they state two sciences preferred for the earth sciences course however i only have chemistry will this hinder my chances of an offer?

Yes it would on the face of it.
Try e-mail the admissions team or phoning them They know best.
Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Mango97

It may hinder your chances, however preferred is not the same as required, so there is still a chance. In some cases they are quite lenient with what counts as a science. E.g. Geography is often counted as a science.

What are your other subjects?
Reply 3
Original post by Zottula
It may hinder your chances, however preferred is not the same as required, so there is still a chance. In some cases they are quite lenient with what counts as a science. E.g. Geography is often counted as a science.

What are your other subjects?

I agree, geography is often counted as a science, my other subjects are: Chemistry, English Literature and psychology aswell as Geography!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Mango97
I agree, geography is often counted as a science, my other subjects are: Chemistry, English Literature and psychology aswell as Geography!!

Best thing to do would probably be to email admissions. One science may be sufficient, provided you can demonstrate a strong enough interest in studying earth sciences and have good grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending