The Student Room Group

I want to do theatre studies A2 but I'm worried it'll close doors

Hi! I have just done my AS levels in geography, english literature, biology and theatre studies. I prefer the A2 theatre studies course to the A2 english lit course. At the moment, my top choice is the Arts and Sciences course at UCL. Their website says that they regard theatre studies as a pure A2. However, I also want to apply to Oxford for geography. I'm worried I am closing the Oxbridge door, and the door for other top unis, if I do theatre studies instead of English Lit. But I REALLY want to do theatre studies! Thoughts? Thanks x
Original post by aliceboyd
Hi! I have just done my AS levels in geography, english literature, biology and theatre studies. I prefer the A2 theatre studies course to the A2 english lit course. At the moment, my top choice is the Arts and Sciences course at UCL. Their website says that they regard theatre studies as a pure A2. However, I also want to apply to Oxford for geography. I'm worried I am closing the Oxbridge door, and the door for other top unis, if I do theatre studies instead of English Lit. But I REALLY want to do theatre studies! Thoughts? Thanks x

I can't find anything on Oxford's website that implies you would be disadvantaged by doing Theatre Studies instead of English Literature. However, if you want a concrete answer, why not email the admissions department?

Oxford specifically says:

We do not have any preferred A Level combinations and there are no required subjects.
(edited 9 years ago)
On a different note - how will you show your desire to study geography, arts and science on your personal statement?

Or am I missing something here...
Original post by Olympiad
On a different note - how will you show your desire to study geography, arts and science on your personal statement?

Or am I missing something here...

Because they're still going to be studying Geography, Theatre Studies and Biology?
Original post by Chlorophile
Because they're still going to be studying Geography, Theatre Studies and Biology?

No - I mean generally people focus their personal statement in one area, if you are applying for Arts & Theatre
... & Geography, does it not seem as if you aren't show what you want to universities?

I haven't actually gone through the UCAS process yet so I may be wrong
No - I mean generally people focus their personal statement in one area, if you are applying for Arts & Theatre
... & Geography, does it not seem as if you aren't show what you want to universities?

OP wants to do "Arts and Sciences" which is actually pretty similar to geography - it's a kind of mix of humanities and sciences, just like geography
Reply 6

You're allowed to apply for different subjects at different universities, and you can just email a different personal statement to the universities.
Original post by Basilla
You're allowed to apply for different subjects at different universities, and you can just email a different personal statement to the universities.

No you can't - you have one PS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending